Passage d'Enfer

About Passage d'Enfer by L'Artisan Parfumeur

L'Artisan Parfumeur

Where to buy Passage d'Enfer

Reviews of Passage d'Enfer by L'Artisan Parfumeur

There are 89 reviews of Passage d'Enfer by L'Artisan Parfumeur.

I don't understand this one
I get synthetic doom and an insect repellent cloud of sadness from this.
In reality the notes and the “idea” of this conceptual fragrance should appeal to me.
I get no incense..
nothing but a cloying heavy plastic or vinyl …
crematorium?
It's a shame I like other offering from this house.
On paper it sounds great
why it works this badly in my nose is a mystery.
Possibly I'm interpreting the “passage to hell”smelling more interesting or compelling..
burning flowers…
lilies wilting in cellophane..
was that the intention?

Jul 4, 2021

Nice almost 'clean' fragrance. White lily and white musk remind me of room sprays and light candles. Excellent light wafting notes of incense. I agree that this is more of an ambience or concept perfume as I found it sunk into oblivion after using hand washing liquid or Purell, which drastically overpowered Passage d'Enfer.

Jan 22, 2020

Passage d'enfer is an almost pure incense fragrance to my nose. There is a light touch of flower to fresh up the scent, some woody notes and some musk. But they all serve to complement the incense. The scent doesn't change much during the wearing, juste a bit more woody while gradually fading. The sillage is close and it lasted at least 6 hours on me.

The incense in Passage d'enfer is actually quite impressive. It's so realistic that it immediately makes me think of Chinese temples. Due to this fact, to me it's more an ambiance fragrance than an actual perfume that I'd wear in person. But it worths trying especially for incense fans.
Jan 12, 2019

I am not sure what formaldehyde smells like or if it even has a scent but with passage d'enfor I imagine myself laid out in a coffin, after some dastardly deed being perpetrated upon my soul(whether deserving or not) and the mortician's assistant has sought to compensate for whatever ghastly aromas my decomposed body might be giving off (after having been discarded in a swampy water grave and rigor mortis has set in,) by pumping me full of this funeral home chemically smelling substance which is now oozing out my pours causing those who weep over me cover their noses. (A little too dark for me).
Sep 26, 2017

It's a bit odd - sometimes it seems like a floral with some incense , others it's all incense and woods, and others it's like a little sister to Dzongkha - with that incense/wood mixed with a creamy almost meaty smell.

I never particularly like the opening notes, but when it settles I get wafts during the day of something intriguing and complex, which makes me pause.
Jul 19, 2017

Passage D'enfer is a private, indwelling drama. It feels like being borne underwater by the sheer weight of lilies heaped upon your body by a mass of unfeeling mourners on the riverbank. From despair, hope: amidst the morbid holy white flowers, the motionless incense, the reservoir of salt that gathers on the verge of crying, and a thick veil of musk. From all of these comes, at last, a sense of strength and solace. It feels like looking your demons in the face and yawning. It feels like moving through the grime invisibly, bearing your sorrows with a light step.
Mar 18, 2017

Show more reviews of Passage d'Enfer...

Add your review of Passage d'Enfer