parfums*PARFUMS Series 2 Red: Sequoia

Overall

parfums*PARFUMS Series 2 Red: Sequoia by Comme des Garçons

About parfums*PARFUMS Series 2 Red: Sequoia by Comme des Garçons

Comme des Garçons

parfums*PARFUMS Series 2 Red: Sequoia is a shared scent launched in 2001 by Comme des Garçons

Reviews of parfums*PARFUMS Series 2 Red: Sequoia by Comme des Garçons

There are 38 reviews of parfums*PARFUMS Series 2 Red: Sequoia by Comme des Garçons.

a sort of strange , typical CDG, surreal woody fragrance...nice sweet booze on the top...tangy and has the just the slightest camphory effect if I smell it up close...kinda smells like a little neighberhood bar with the old wooden bar and nice paneling...and the smell of all the booze that has been spilled...only difference is a little touch of sweetness to the smell and the absence of cigarette smoke...get a faint touch of leather but not anything that I would say smells like oud to me...bottom line - a wood fragrance with some sweetness and flavorings of rum , resin, and leather...not bad but borders , at times , on almost being department store generic designer smelling...

Heavenly Bliss I love it. It has the M7 thing going on but amped up. very boozy/woody scent.Agarwood but not just agarwood (Chinese) gives it a real kicker. also some mahogany added for a fuller,longer lasting scent. Oud is not mentioned but I believe it's in here.. Too bad I only have a decant.. better for cooler weather ..Pros: One of a kindCons: strange"

I'm getting a lot of booze in the top notes of this one, like a straight, peaty scotch just for a minute or two. Soon the actual notes arrive, and initially it's smooth, sweet wood. Not the usual woods + vanilla masculine oriental type, and not the CdG harsh, dry woods with a blast of smoke, but somewhere nicely in the middle. There's just enough resinous sap to remind you of a real conifer tree, but it's not like some scents where a bully at summer camp shoves your face into the side of a pine tree. Unless I'm fatigued from too much reviewing, there's surprisingly little here. It's not that strong, but it doesn't need to be because it's just a big tree, not a stick of incense burning in a monastery that demands your full spiritual contemplation. There's some sweetness, but not too much; it's still well within the territory of mainstream masculine wood scents, like Rocabar decided to lay off the sugary christmas cookies. I guess what I'm trying to say here is that there are a lot of things that Sequoia *isn't*, because it's just a pretty tree in the woods. The simplicity of sweet wood is somewhat of a relief before I try and conquer their Incense series, and now I understand why this was put in the Red series: because like Palisander, it's about quiet, happy warmth.

I am surprised that nobody mentioned that this is very reminiscent of Jubilation XXV. A good one but not original at all. Great performance for the price.

I see there is rum in there, and perhaps that would be the cause of what I was considering the "whiskey" smell. Of course, there is a type of oud in there, and that could assist in the "whiskey" smell. Unfortunately I don't drink enough to sort this out properly, I don't have any rum, my whiskey is sealed, and vodka and scotch won't help. My liqueur cabinet stinks. It could also be interpreted as "pimento," but not quite as foody.

Anyway, besides this bitter and intriguing note that will last forever on clothes but be absorbed immediately on skin, this is a forest in a bottle. As art, it's very nice. As a wearable scent, it's interesting but unsatisfying. Of course, my tastes lean towards gourmand and other nearly edible sweet and delicious scents, so consider that with this review.

A light, non-intrusive woody composition that shows the CDG's fingerprints all over. A sligh boozy accord of rum and woods (mainly cedar) joined by spices and some patchouli (?). Hints of oud somewhere, incense and other resinous notes with just a tad of sweetness. The cedarwood is just perfect, never sharp or overdone. Overall Sequoia has a consistent body but avoids the typical heaviness of other conpositions in the same vein and it's a perfect candidate for anyone who's looking for an easy-wear with a good amount of character. Moderate lasting power.

Sequoia is pretty linear but masterfully executed. Thoroughly enjoyable and most of all, immediately recognizable.

Show more reviews of parfums*PARFUMS Series 2 Red: Sequoia...

Add your review of parfums*PARFUMS Series 2 Red: Sequoia