Oud Ispahan

Overall

About Oud Ispahan by Christian Dior

Christian Dior

François Demachy:

Oud Ispahan is like opening the doors of an Oriental palace with ochre walls and being struck by its fragrance. The smoky scent of burning wood blends with that of sweet floral water on washed hands. That's the scent of this smooth atmosphere, where rose, frankincense and resin linger. The perfume is velvety and sensual, like the roses of the Orient.

Where to buy Oud Ispahan

Reviews of Oud Ispahan by Christian Dior

There are 33 reviews of Oud Ispahan by Christian Dior.

A hissy pink cosmetic with an afterthought of oud.
There’s nothing wrong with this not being an Oud, a perfume could in theory contain a smidgeon of oud and still be a different – and decent - type of scent (in the same way that Angel contains patchouli but isn’t a Patchouli). But :
• this is called Oud Ispahan, and that’s a little bit misleading, and
• it’s cheap smelling with a lot of synthetics (that don’t smell like rose) and
• it doesn’t smell good, or original in any way.
In fact it puts me in mind of ‘Oud J‘Adore’, except Oud Ispahan seems to be aimed at a more prosperous clientelle; who I imagine as the type of woman (because this is clearly meant to be bought by women) who frequent Dubai shopping centres (and the embassy quarters of Paris) rather than those Attar Walla boutiques that only deal in the good stuff.
In business, I was advised to under promise and over deliver. This clearly does the opposite.
Nov 14, 2021

I wore this yesterday for the first and most likely the last time. I live with someone who has worn it a few times, and she can pull it off ok, and likes it, but it was not good on me. I didn't like it. I wanted it to be gone. This morning when I woke up, it was almost entirely gone, and I felt relief.

Fake oud is a trip. Banana Republic has one they call 17 Oud Mosaic (as in 2017, as in that's the way perfume from 2017 supposedly smelled). I find it shocking and/or amusing, and most oud / fake oud fragrances strike me that way.

At times, I've felt like Oud Ispahan was the least bad of the genre, but after wearing it, it feels like a moot point - I don't think I like any of them.
May 17, 2021

notspendingamillion laid bare most of my issues with Oud Ispahan, so I won’t belabor those points. It’s long lasting. Depending on where one falls on like/dislike that becomes a bug or feature. Neutral, but barely at that. I will struggle to finish my 2 ml sample due to the heavy chemical character of the rose. It is not a cheap smelling rose by any means, but a decidedly monotone one.
Dec 13, 2020

Dirty oud rose

It is a rose oud combo, but they try to get a more realistic oud by dirtying it up a bit. The rose is nice, the oud is a dark brown leather variety. Various aromachemicals swill around. They attempted to balance the fragrance by overdosing those ACs as they rose and oud are both so potent. As a result the fragrance is a bit peaks and valleys. It actually smells different than the other million rose/oud combos, and smells better done to me. But it seems they made it a bit more approachable, for better and worse. Expensive. I'm going neutral here, but it could grow to a upvote someday.
May 22, 2020

It seemed very promising at first, then 3 hours later I get a very pungent hamster cage smell (on my skin at least), what the heck?

The opening is beautiful though.
Mar 15, 2020

Finally a rose and oud which is not only about the rose. The focus is on a beautifully balanced oud. Performances are average.
Feb 1, 2020

Show more reviews of Oud Ispahan...

Add your review of Oud Ispahan