Oud Cashmere Mood
Maison Francis Kurkdjian (2013)

Overall

Oud Cashmere Mood by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

About Oud Cashmere Mood by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Oud Cashmere Mood is a shared scent launched in 2013 by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Reviews of Oud Cashmere Mood by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

There are 17 reviews of Oud Cashmere Mood by Maison Francis Kurkdjian.

Sad to see this discontinued. I hope MFK brings this back, but I can see how this is ignored as people favour Oud Satin Mood or Bacarat Rouge over this one.

The dryness of OCM reminds me of Incense Flash by Tauerville. Vanilla and sweetness only acts to smoothen out the realistic oud note. Essentially, oud will be the dominating note and some labdanum. Nothing animalic or stinky; I would actually argue that it is mass appealing. It's straightforward and linear but has some depth.

I'm still trying to find something that can replace this scent. Let me know if anyone comes across something similar to this fragrance.

OCM has won me over, but I do not love it.

As a perfumer-mixologist, I am always in search of the next combo to blow my mind, something that elicits comments.

Oud Cashmere Mood does just that. All I can think of is a cold sparkling watery sharp crystal patchouli.

Yes there is oud and a hint of vanilla, but I cannot get past that strong icy jagged patchouli starring at me.

It puts you in a mood for sure.

A very refined oud fragrance containing real natural oud with creamy vanilla notes. I received two compliments on the same day wearing this and the high price is definitely worth it. A must have for real oud fans and another masterpiece from MFK.

The good news: This is an actual substantive oud fragrance, unlike the original MFK Oud.

The bad news (at least for me): This doesn't pass the Guy Robert smell test.

Right upon the initial burst I detect a hint of saffron that gives way to an oud accord that is slightly medicinal. The labdanum is discernible, and there are hints of some vanillic elements. The fragrance is somewhat linear, and any transformation is extremely slow as it wears like a proper EdP. After a long, drawn out mid phase, the base has clearer hints of benzoin. There is hardly any sweetness - at any stage. Projection is about average, and duration is excellent at more than eight hours on skin.

Eventually Cashmere Oud is a very worthwhile composition. Anyone looking for an oud fragrance without rose and sweetness may find it of interest. The neutral rating is reflective more of personal taste than anything else.

This one, with the combination of notes and the level of execution - had my name written all over it. For some strange, unfathomable reason I'm unable to fall for it.

Edit: After a revisit, I'm convinced that the reason it doesn't appeal to me is because it is too polished. The combination of notes has been given MFK's signature polish and finishing - and in this case it doesn't work for me. I would have preferred something a little more rugged. I suspect that also explains the Guy Robert test results.

The opening is an act of moistening the lac resin with ethanol. Whispers of petrol, rubber, cognac bouquet swirl around in the brain, intoxicating. Wood, wood, wood.
Drying leaves a satiny varnished finish to the skin, fragrant undercurrent of soft Vanilla and finally the sweet, ethereal fruit of the Laotian. I look down to the arm and it has become a resinous branch. This follows a path similar to Phoenicia. Choosing between them, a nod goes to the Heeley with it's rich Dates.
The name is likely to appeal to all genders, however my thoughts are that this is best viewed as Man Cozy.

From the word "go" I am getting oud and wood. The oud is not harsh, intrusive or overwhelming, and of good quality. The wood has smoky vibes with connotations of charcoal, but very much a high-quality labdanum-related smoky-decaying-spicy flavour and all this is restrainedly packaged together. This oud is a good team player.

The latter stages develop a pleasant vanilla note, with the spiciness evolving into a gentle pepperiness that fades out in the base. Benzoin is present but unexpectedly it not taking over but blends in nicely with the other ingredients of this olfactory potpourri.

The sillage is moderate, the projection very good, and the longevity eight hours on my skin; much longer on my clothes.

A pleasant oud for winter, not hidden, a clear oud with the usual bit of skankiness but on my skin surprisingly contained and wearable; it is only a bit linear and not very original. 3/5.

Show more reviews of Oud Cashmere Mood...

Add your review of Oud Cashmere Mood