Part of the 'Library' collection.

Opus V fragrance notes

• Head

• Orris Absolute, rum
  • Heart

• orris concrete, rose, jasmine
  • Base

• agarwood, civet, dry wood accord

Where to buy

Latest Reviews of Opus V

You need to log in or register to add a review
Nothing special to my nose, just a generic floral with an annoying note of rum in the background. Disappointing.
30th August 2022
This one was heavily concentrated on rum and orris (iris) to me. It was also very potent, making it a bit difficult at times. I quite enjoyed it, but ultimately had trouble finding the right setting to wear it. Nevertheless, one of the better releases from the Library Collection.
16th May 2022

Beautiful presence of iris (not listed in triangle above) and boozy rum, with earthy orris permeating. The jasmine adds a nice floral touch.

An oud kissed with rose is perceived in this fragrance, remotely reminiscend of Aoud Rose by Montale. And there is fairly intense civet presence, giving it a creaturely flair. Opus V is overall a nice floral oriental, better suited for women IMO.
14th August 2018
Amazing fragrance; boozy, floral and unisex. This fragrance has an Osmanthus (The Different Company) kind of feel, even a Mure Et Musc fruitiness not completely floral nor fruity-these are just roles played. As the fragrance finds itself, there is a woody, fruitiness that contributes to the booziness affect, AMAZING! This is quite captivating! I do detect the Jasmine along with Rose. The floral composition mixed with boozy/woodsy aroma really blends well! Overall, some great juice from this house!

This is potent stuff so be CAREFUL on the trigger!! ...one of my students says, "Mr., I smell your perfume!" Realizing, again I didn't spray alot; here's to show no need for much-projection is Amazing! Sillage is out of the park! I put on just a spritz and both projection and longevity are wonderful!

Reminds me of Mancera Aoud Line slightly with the sweetness....
6th July 2016
As is usually the case on basenotes, the note pyramid is off, starting with the main note of iris..if you arent a big fan of iris ans woody notes, I would pass on this.

But its right up my alley. A drop dead gorgeous perfume that does unisex, better than many fragrances. There are a few Amouage juices that dont deserve their high pricepoints...this one, does. Hands down. Incredible, glamorous longevity that will have people "ooohing and ahhhing" and wanting to know what you're wearing.
15th January 2016
Before saying anything I must admit that it wasn't something that I would expect at all!
At the opening and right off the bat you can smell creamy floral iris note.
The iris note is not exactly something that you can smell in "Dior Homme" for example.
There are other floral notes beside it and they are not good!
In the dry down It's only floral and more floral!
I really like the iris note in "Dior Homme" and I think it's very classy and sexy but in this fragrance mixing it with other floral notes make the scent very feminine and in the bad and synthetic way.
The floral notes in the mid remind me of "Kenzo Power" and I really hate that fragrance.
It's creamy sweet floral scent all the way through and in a bad way that I can't stand!
Projection is good (not great) but longevity is 12+ hours and there is no problem here.
23rd December 2013