Opium Fleur de Shanghai
Yves Saint Laurent (2005)

DISCONTINUED LIMITED EDITION

Overall

About Opium Fleur de Shanghai by Yves Saint Laurent

Yves Saint Laurent

Reviews of Opium Fleur de Shanghai by Yves Saint Laurent

What a beautiful,wonderful variation of the original Opium. Opium was my Mom's signature scent. It always reminds me of her. Since this used to be "her" fragrance, I never wore Opium myself, even though I adore it.

Then I found this really great deal on Opium Fleur de Shanghai on ebay. Bought it blindly...and, OMG, how I love it!
It is absolutely stunning. It has all the wonderful,deep Opium qualities, but is a force on its own. I love it. It is fresher,younger. I am so happy that I've found this.
Nov 12, 2011

It took me a day or two to "get" this fragrance. I bought a small sample, and on first application, I wasn't exactly thrilled, but definitely intrigued. BUT the next morning, I smelled a faint trace of it on my clothes and thought it was absolutely intoxicating. It's everything you appreciate about the original Opium, but more demure and with a subtle sweetness the original lacks. Very disappointed this is only a limited edition - I plan to stockpile this beauty. Next to try is the Imperiale...
Feb 19, 2007

I have no particular affection for spices in my fragrances, but in an effort to smell beyond comfortable boundaries and partake in spicy talk here on wonderful basenotes, I got a sample of Opium Fleur de Shanghai (aka Opium for beginners or Opium with training wheels).My first trial was a nose-wrinkling experience--ick, spices. My second sampling was more rational as I tried not to shy away from the notes. The wonderful mandarin gave me a starting point, and I began to take baby steps into the heart of the fragrance. A few reapplications later, and I can say I'm warming up to the myrrh, although the carnation's clove-like note will never be a favorite.
Oct 28, 2006

Show more reviews of Opium Fleur de Shanghai...

Add your review of Opium Fleur de Shanghai