One Man Show

Jacques Bogart

One Man Show is a men's fragrance launched in 1980 by Jacques Bogart

Where to buy One Man Show

Reviews of One Man Show by Jacques Bogart

There are 71 reviews of One Man Show by Jacques Bogart.

One Man Show is a parade of contrasts, a olfactory feast, and it is my go-to comfort fragrance that I will often spray on just before I go to bed. To my mind, this is the early 80s in a bottle. It's masculine and sharp but also welcoming and nurturing. The opening has a touch of sweetness that quickly evaporates into something incredibly dry. It is inexpensive, yet it somehow smells rich. I'd wear this more if I was a banker, I think, someone who is keen to find value and who has no time for nonsense. Get to the point. Say what you mean. Even the bottle is practical, yet stylized. One Man Show is the less pretentious cousin of Polo. You get far more than you pay for in a bottle of One Man Show.

Excellent with time and proper (very light) application, choking and cloying if overdone. My first time, I sprayed one spray about 6 inches above my forearm and let the mist settle. Even with that, I had at least a 6 foot projection for about 3.5 hours, and it was just straight out-of-the-bottle fragrance. At that point, however, it fades to a mostly-personal fragrance and becomes a warm, woodsy, almost-oriental spicy scent. As the other reviews say, a very masculine scent, but at the right amount/time, surprisingly and delightfully complex while still being approachable.

I have since made my own personal decant so that I can apply a single dot of this to my skin, and it works perfectly. As a fall/winter scent, the bottle should last for the rest of my life, at about 1 cent per usage! Well done!

Only one spray under the shirt, it smells wonderful. On exposed skin, or more than one spray, it's very difficult to like because it will smell very strong and industrial. Worn correctly, it's a beautiful masculine scent that performs all day long.

I've said it before, and I'll said it again. Bogart is the best value in men's colognes. They have beast performance, smell totally unique from almost anything else, super masculine, and the price is a steal. I have a bunch of Bogart's colognes and I like most of them and LOVE several. My faves is OMS and Signature. Having that said, it's not for the timid. Many women don't like it. And girly boys will think it smells like Raid. This is an alpha scent for "I don't gaf kind" kind of dudes. It's not for guys that wear what women like to smell... flowery, baked goods, or soapy.

One Man Show is my all times fav. Smells beautifully in the afternoon. Galbanum and Jasmine stays longer than 5 hours. OMS is cheap perfume but beats all other expensive ones.

"One Man Show" (Vintage 1 oz spray / 85% vol) -

Jacques Bogart "One Man Show" already holds a strong position in the cheapie hall of fame so I will not belabor that point.

For reference, if you are a fan of "Bogart Signature (1975)", you will notice the clear progression One Man Show takes just 5 years later to ring in 1980 as the decade of powerhouse men's fragrances.

One Man Show follows the note pyramid to a tee, opening up with with a dry blast of Bergamot, Basil, and Galbanum...transitioning briefly to layer on Rose and Jasmine before closing with Sandalwood, Castoreum, and Cedar. The 85% vintage was never synthetic at all to my nose.

Overall, this one projects serious business. Dry, masculine and in charge at all times! If you are all about wearing frags that do not sit on the fence, One Man Show timelessly fits the bill 100%.

4 stars.

Show more reviews of One Man Show...

Add your review of One Man Show