Nutmeg & Ginger

About Nutmeg & Ginger by Jo Malone London

Jo Malone London
Jo Malone

Reviews of Nutmeg & Ginger by Jo Malone London

There are 15 reviews of Nutmeg & Ginger by Jo Malone London.

Spicy, fresh fragrance from Jo Malone which, indeed, feature Nutmeg & Ginger with slight support from sandalwood and cedar. Marked as unisex, I find that it leans masculine.

This one isn't loud nor brash by any means. It is actually slightly tamed in overall strength, remaining above skinscent. Pretty straightforward, and as such may alienate or disappoint some wearers.

It feels fit for mixing with other Jo Malone scents, which I know many have done.

Oct 7, 2018

This is a very light, fresh, almost summery scent. I was hoping for more of an autumn, pumpkin spice latte type of thing (I know, I know.)

It doesn't last super long. I don't mind reapplying, because it's not too strong so I'm not worried I'll leave a cloud of perfume that lingers in the room after I've sprayed.

I got it as a sample at Nordstroms, and I won't be purchasing a full bottle. But I will use this sample up for sure! The salesperson told me it might be discontinued soon.
Sep 14, 2017

Sparkling fresh opening with lots of ginger and nutmeg, dries down to a mild woody, dry and spicy scent with some sweetness added from the sandalwood. The opening is very fresh and aromatic, a real stunner. Too bad the initial sparkle goes away with time and it all goes downhill for me.
Mar 24, 2017

The nutmeg is really well done and convincing and blends well with the ginger, the latter being gentler, less sharp and less dominating that in many other ginger-based scents. There is little development otherwise, and even for layering it is a bit unexciting. A lineball between thumbs up and neutral so far, but the decent silage and projection of four hours on my skin tilt it towards the positive side.
Dec 13, 2012

Ah, the first "niche" scent I ever bought and fell in love with. It's so simple compared to the weird chemical-stew aquatics I was wearing at the time, starting off with a bright blast of slightly lemony ginger, made slightly sparkly with a touch of aldehydes before fading into a subtle nutmeg smell, like sniffing the nut itself instead of the dried powder. There are subtle hints of mace in the background giving it a slight cinnamon undertone while the lingering aldehydes temporarily give it a quiet gelatin feel, but it's really just as advertised, nutmeg and ginger.

I really like this one and would recommend it to ginger fans especially, but I must admit that I think it's a bit flawed when looked at from a technical perspective. The ginger topnotes are extremely bright while the nutmeg is quite subtle, so you really have to spray a lot to get any longevity out of it, but when you spray a lot, the ginger is nose-searingly explosive and borders on painful or sneezy. Even so, I still love it and happily give it a thumbs up, though people less ginger-obsessed will probably find it fleeting and unnecessary.
Nov 26, 2012

Great for layering (makes an exquisite mix with JM Pomegranate Noir). Alone, it doesn't warrant the price tag. It is less ginger, more nutmeg, and very pleasant – about 1/2 the price pleasant.
Jun 23, 2012

Show more reviews of Nutmeg & Ginger...

Add your review of Nutmeg & Ginger