Noir de Noir

Creative Director

Part of Tom Ford's Private Blend Collection

Where to buy Noir de Noir

Reviews of Noir de Noir by Tom Ford

There are 83 reviews of Noir de Noir by Tom Ford.

I have never been able to stomach this one. Sweetened rose, chocolate, and patchouli ... the combination just nauseates me whenever I revisit it, unfortunately.

Chocolate with some slightly sour rose note. A hint of patchouli gives it some earthy/dirtiness and helps produce that chocolate note. Up-close, I find it a bit sour, but that is mainly for the first hour. The drydown is a great blend of vanilla and light florals from roses and other flowers. If I could redesign this fragrance, I would just skip the opening and jump straight to the drydown. The oud isn't that prominent so don't worry about it smelling fecal or rotten. Besides, most ouds utilized in Tom Ford fragrances are mass appealing and often synthetic.

Longevity and sillage is nothing to worry about. By moderating the number of sprays, this can be used for spring, fall, and winter. Overall, this is worth a sample and deserves some recognition from the Tom Ford brand, but it's nothing extraordinary.

Chocolate, roses
And a bit of old perfume
Make us young again.

***

Fratchouli rosé
Lighting up the night like day
Dark chocolate's way.

***

A bonfire of rose
Like perfume for chocolate
Loves a recipe.

A wonderful fragrance. A dark rose with wood undertone. I don't smell the truffle (perhaps a chocolate truffle?) the base notes seem to come out with the top and heart notes, a very soft patchouly. Love it. It lasts and lasts. Definitely a fall and winter scent but it can be worn on summer evenings. For those who cannot afford the real thing I suggest the Oil Perfumery dupe, which is a very close match.

A very woody rose with not much oud makes this its own thing. I don't get truffle, but there's a sharpness that keeps the vanilla sweetnesss from becoming cloying. Some steady hum between rose, patchouli and vanilla, sharpened by the saffron, works well. I like it more than I'd expect from the opulence of this.

Noir de Noir by Tom Ford Review

Noir de Noir is a strong mixture of rose, truffle, vanilla, and patchouli. What you see is what you get. If you like the notes, you will love this fragrance!

The rose dominates the beginning stages of the fragrance, but softens as time goes on. This is a beautiful note and has an incredible quality to it.

As the fragrance continues to progress, the truffle and patchouli begin to take the center stage. This mixture makes for a more creamy, gourmand, and chocolate vibe.

This is an absolutely beautiful fragrance. The ingredients and quality are absolutely top notch. I loved this the first time I smelled it. As time has go on, my tastes have changed and shifted to more woody scents. My biggest problem with the fragrance is I personally find it hard to wear. The performance is absolutely insane and it's just a bit much for me most of the time. That being said, the beauty of this fragrance cannot be questioned.

I should also note, this review is for a much older bottle. I have not tested any formulation since 2015. All the scores below apply to the older version of the fragrance.

Age Group- 25+
Season- Fall/Winter/Spring
Occasions- Formal/Date
Sillage- Heavy
Longevity- 24 Hours+ (Lasts through showers and washing of clothes)
Smell- 8/10
Overall- 8/10

YouTube Channel: theaveragecologneguy

Show more reviews of Noir de Noir...

Add your review of Noir de Noir