Noir de Noir

Part of Tom Ford's Private Blend Collection

Where to buy Noir de Noir

Reviews of Noir de Noir by Tom Ford

Noir de Noir by Tom Ford Review

Noir de Noir is a strong mixture of rose, truffle, vanilla, and patchouli. What you see is what you get. If you like the notes, you will love this fragrance!

The rose dominates the beginning stages of the fragrance, but softens as time goes on. This is a beautiful note and has an incredible quality to it.

As the fragrance continues to progress, the truffle and patchouli begin to take the center stage. This mixture makes for a more creamy, gourmand, and chocolate vibe.

This is an absolutely beautiful fragrance. The ingredients and quality are absolutely top notch. I loved this the first time I smelled it. As time has go on, my tastes have changed and shifted to more woody scents. My biggest problem with the fragrance is I personally find it hard to wear. The performance is absolutely insane and it's just a bit much for me most of the time. That being said, the beauty of this fragrance cannot be questioned.

I should also note, this review is for a much older bottle. I have not tested any formulation since 2015. All the scores below apply to the older version of the fragrance.

Age Group- 25+
Season- Fall/Winter/Spring
Occasions- Formal/Date
Sillage- Heavy
Longevity- 24 Hours+ (Lasts through showers and washing of clothes)
Smell- 8/10
Overall- 8/10

YouTube Channel: theaveragecologneguy
Aug 1, 2021

The Rose - or its synthetic equivalent at least - rules the opening blast, assisted by a slightly spicy undertone, which is attributable to a somewhat blunt saffron in the background. Somewhat unsurprisingly -given the release date of this creation at the start of the oud-craze - an agarwood arises to pair with the rose.

This dyad, however, is not very intrusive of shrill, and it avoids some of the pitfalls of its rose-oud successors in the subsequent years. On the other hand, the oud is short-lived on me; soon it is replaced by a stronger, dark-ish but fairly smooth patchouli. The latter has its crisp moments, but it is neither very harsh nor exceptionally sharp.

Later on a vanilla arrives that is again not very have or cloying; this vanilla is a good expression of this bean's aroma, is a good team player mixing well with the rest. A pallid mossy and slightly earthy undertone is more of a perfunctory element that a substantial contribution on me.

I get moderate sillage, good projection, and seven hours of longevity on my skin, with the last few hours being very close to my skin.

An agreeable scent for cooler spring or warmer autumn days, playing on the rose-oud theme without really being convincing as the ingredients are rather generic, and with a patchouli that dominates at times. Overall pleasant but quite mediocre. 2.75/5

Jun 15, 2021

The initial hit of chocolate really hits you and then it settles into a rose/vanilla scent that I would say is truly unisex, although it gets sweeter over time.
Feb 18, 2021

If Tom Ford’s name-making ‘noir’ perfume Black Orchid was Cleopatra’s catacomb – dense like unguent and full of fusty intrigue – this take is much easier, an ad person’s dream version. The chocolate-rose pairing at its heart is the stuff of Valentine’s Day sentiment, easily understood, a bit gauche with a kind of herd-following sincerity about it. Underlaid with creamy vanilla and darker patchouli, it takes a selection of good things and packs them in its box rather well. What Noir de Noir lacks in terms of the nocturnal mysteriousness its name suggests, it attempts to make up with a sense of hospitality bordering on a feeder tendency.
For me the best is saved for last, when in the deep drydown NdN becomes more of a woody rose. But there are enough decent variations on that theme around at somewhat friendlier prices.
Aug 8, 2020

This definitely has the TF DNA in it, there's a certain je ne sais quoi about the TF scents, but you can definitely tell that they're family.

On my skin this is a sweet rose, almost fruity in scent feel. I get a good dose of leathery saffron and slighter nuances of entrancing oud as we get deeper into the drydown. Truffle adds a bit of earthiness as does the hints of patchouli that emerge towards the base. Oakmoss resides at the base and helps pull the strings on this fragrance to hold it together.
May 7, 2020

A very likable boozy rose not quite as powerful as Rose D'Arabie or United Arab Emirates but very enjoyable and decent endurance. When pulled over by RIDE and asked "have you consumed any alcohol this evening"? Me: "Why yes officer but not internally, I've been kissed by a rose".
Feb 29, 2020

Show more reviews of Noir de Noir...

Add your review of Noir de Noir