No. 5 Eau de Toilette

Chanel
Ernest Beaux

Where to buy No. 5 Eau de Toilette

Reviews of No. 5 Eau de Toilette by Chanel

There are 3 reviews of No. 5 Eau de Toilette by Chanel.

It's a special kind of cozy, like sitting on a couch with a book while the fire is crackling in the fireplace. I see this as the soapier and woodier No. 5, and in a way the more intellectual one. Scratch that, the more introverted one, the more down-to-earth one. It's not the glamour gal of the parfum version, nor is it the tailored bitter bite of the EDP. If it was acting in a film, it would be the supporting character in a blockbuster, or maybe the main in an indie flick. A man could certainly use it, but, even though I see this as the woodier one, I think the other (to my nose more interesting) versions would work better.
Apr 6, 2021

The EDT represented by the picture here is just as HoP explains.
The early vintage EDT may be much better and more in line with the 70's Vintage EDC I find exquisite with it's appropriate Adelehydes and a really vibrant, blended Animalic supporting the Florals.
Mar 30, 2021

The aldehydes here are sickening. They are starchy, sweet, "not right", for me and my love of aldehydes. The thing is, if I only use one or two sprays I like this - any more than that, I get physically ill.

I smell no ylang or neroli on top. I get some jasmine and muguet in the middle. They are there but muddled, suffocated. I get no rose at all. A touch of iris later on. Has a light base in which I smell vanilla, sandalwood, and amber which sweetens this whole mess up for me to enjoy it more.

I say stay with pure perfume or the edp. Avoid the edt.

It actually smells better, is more tolerable for me, in cold weather.
Sep 23, 2018