New Zealand
Demeter Fragrance Library (2003)

Overall

About New Zealand by Demeter Fragrance Library

The company say:

To celebrate New Zealand, we created a fresh green outdoor fragrance that blends notes of plant leaves, barks, grass, snow, ocean, river and stone. It is a unique combination of the flora of the lowland rainforests of southwestern New Zealand, the rich, loamy soil that develops under the canopy of the rain forest, and the pure, unspoiled rainwater that makes the lush and varied vegetation possible. New Zealand is a fragrance as arresting and as unique as the New Zealand rainforest itself – a fragrance that could only be developed by Demeter Fragrance Library.

Reviews of New Zealand by Demeter Fragrance Library

There are 7 reviews of New Zealand by Demeter Fragrance Library.

This is a fresh, green and grassy scent first and foremost. Crisp, whiffs of citric hints initially are intertwined with marine tones in the background. At times woodsy hints are present.

I get moderate sillage, excellent projection and a splendid ten hours of longevity on my skin.

This summery green creation is a bit of a cliche-mongerer - there is more to Kiwiland than this scent implies- but is is well conceptualised and executed. Whilst rather linear and with less depth and quality ingredients than, for instance, Geoffrey Beene's Bowling Green, this is still a fragrance worth noting. The performance is excellent. 3.25/5.
Apr 4, 2018

It's very green in the opening. You get almost only grass and cucumber. Then it evolves fast to some lime. Sillage and longevity are the average Demeter!
Aug 14, 2017

Starts off very herbal,then after 30 mins i start to smell a woody mixed with grass smell,then after about in hour i picked up water or perhaps the ocean. Makes me want to go to NZ more and more. Great cologne but i dont think it would be something i would wear on nights out,mybe my personal alone scent.
Apr 8, 2012

Green but not astringent. There is sweetness that I couldn't place until I picked some tulips from my garden - it was tulip!NOt long-lived sorry to say.
Dec 4, 2008

This one puts me at a disadvantage because with most of the other Demeters, I've had some acquaintance with the object(s) that the fragrance names. Unfortunately I've never been to New Zealand, but I'm thrilled to think that now I will have to travel there just to see if this fragrance is accurate. The fragrance mainly smells of green, lots of green – sharp, strong, mostly unidentified green, but there is an identifiable grass smell in it – I'm not so sure of what the other greens are. I get some earth in there and I get leaves and bark from trees. So, New Zealand is a place of grass, dirt, and trees…. hmmm… imagine that! I think it smells quite masculine. It's an okay scent.
Aug 22, 2008

90% of the way to being New Zealand. It reminds me of wet grass, ferns, moss, moist earth, dark cool forests.... but there's also a hint of the sea, and something a bit more sharp and icy that suggests snowy mountain peaks. Relatively short lived.
Oct 26, 2004

Show more reviews of New Zealand...

Add your review of New Zealand