Nefertum
Teone Reinthal Natural Perfume (2019)

Overall

About Nefertum by Teone Reinthal Natural Perfume

Reviews of Nefertum by Teone Reinthal Natural Perfume

There are 1 reviews of Nefertum by Teone Reinthal Natural Perfume.

The name is a reference to the blue lotus featured here as a note. Nefertum was an Egyptian god embodied in the blue lotus. The TRNP page on Nefertum describes a scene of priestesses leading ritual worship of the goddess Sekhmet, mother of Nefertum (and calls Nefertum a “Hathorian elixir” after Hathor, mother of Sekhmet), which could be why this got categorized as a feminine in the BN directory. But there'’s nothing specifically feminine about Nefertum the fragrance, much less the god.

I'’m not sure if I'’d recognize the scent of blue lotus if it gave me a Father’'s Day card, but that’'s of little consequence. The array of spices, rose, incense, and Mysore sandalwood would likely win me over even if the principle note were durian. It'’s an “oriental” without the amber, and that’'s damn near the axle in my wheelhouse.

Something that might be blue lotus (since I didn’t recognize it as any of the other notes) did finally arise, and it’s quite wonderful. Nefertum is one of my favorite TRNPs thus far.
Sep 14, 2021