Navegar

About Navegar by L'Artisan Parfumeur

L'Artisan Parfumeur

Navegar is a men's fragrance launched in 1998 by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Reviews of Navegar by L'Artisan Parfumeur

There are 45 reviews of Navegar by L'Artisan Parfumeur.

The opening is a fresh lime note, with whiffs of cucumber a gingery touch and a light pepper note - a soft pepper that just adds a little of an edge to it.

The drydown take on an aquatic feel - the like to the name (sailing in Portuguese), altogether with a somewhat nondescript and slightly boozy rum note. Some star anise is shining through, and a whiff of galbanum that is rather a bright version of it.

A very restrained and light incense develops further towards the base. Then a woodsy impression appears - think cedar and guaiac, more cedar on me though.

I get soft sillage, limited projection and five hours of longevity on my skin.

This scent for cooler summer days is bright and pleasant, based in the seafarer theme, and not without imagination in its concept. Unfortunately is is rather thin and anaemic, which reflects also in the poor performance. Overall 2.75/5

On board a pirate ship. Casks of rum, dry wood, boxes of spices, and a background marine smell. Very unique, pleasant smell. ALMOST too boozy/sweet but the spices balance that.

Future Jason:

This is fine. Unless you decide that this is "your style" and that you have "unlimited money" and decide to buy "everything," I'd stick to Sel Marin (Heeley).

"Antidisestablishmentarianism."

Lime, Cedar, Anise & Pepper... a woody fragrance for warmer weather!

Well, this one is a nice fragrance... but I find it a little light on my skin. What I get is the lime and anise, as well as the light rum, but it's mostly surrounded by cedarwood in the background. The fragrance is meant to evoke the age of travel in wooden sailing ships around the world to Asia, Africa & South America. I can see where they were coming from, but I have a feeling that this fragrance really needs hot weather to shine and reveal it's true colours. I do get most of the notes, and they are well blended for sure. But it's faint on my skin, and if I get the chance I would try it then. Although I'm sad to learn that it has been discontinued by L'Artisan Parfumeur. This is the third fragrance I've tried from them, and I still think they are a great house. But this one is better in hot weather for me, and sadly they don't make it anymore!

Navegar means seafaring, and was created with the celebration of the 500 years of the Portuguese arriving, by sea, surrounding all the African continent, to India.

And it does evoke seafaring. Reminds me of the sea, but also has clear notes of wood and spices (on me, mostly fragrant pepper mixed with wood and sea). An unusual combination which, on me, is a very calming, very soothing fragrance.

I think it is unisex and can be worn by women and men, and maybe even children.

A word of warning: if you have sensitive skin (like I have on my face) do not wear it on your sensitive areas. I am not sure if it is the pepper, but it makes my face red. I am lucky that my arms' skin is not sensitive and I wear it there and enjoy it deeply

Christmas in a bottle! Very "winter" notes of spice and toasted nuts as well as an underlying mulled cider quality. Apple and cinnamon/nutmeg...anise and almonds. A lighter-than-usual note of patchouli and incense reminiscent of frankincense, but not at all heavy or smoky. I realize some of these notes are not listed in the profile, but, to my nose, they are there or at least the combined notes that evoke Christmas make it seem like all of those scents are there. NAVEGAR is very nice and unique. Sillage is not great and longevity is no more than 6 hours on clothes and skin. Probably a little limiting...but worth having on any sophisticated man's wardrobe.

Show more reviews of Navegar...

Add your review of Navegar