Myths Man

Amouage
Dorothée Piot

Myths Man is a men's fragrance launched in 2016 by Amouage

Reviews of Myths Man by Amouage

There are 31 reviews of Myths Man by Amouage.

Ashy smoke laced with leather and orris. I expect Zoologist to release something like this. Also, it lacks the ambery sweetness that is common in a lot of Amouage fragrances, and I find it to be a positive. Rum and the sweetness of elemi is a great replacement for generic amber.

Performance is excellent. The smoke is addictive. However, I wouldn't say this is overly animalic because the sweetness from the middle notes shift it away from that animalic territory. I haven't smelled too many scents like this one so it is worth sampling. Definitely not a blind buy.

Myths reminds me that Amouage don't care much for how perfumes are 'supposed' to work. The basenotes to this one are Ash and Leather, but those are what hit you right from the start, and from there it settles into a slightly chemical floral scent, with just the underpinning of leather and smoke. But then gradually they gradually reassert themselves only not quite as fiercely as at the start. It's interesting, and while I dig the ash and leather combination, I am not quite so enamored of the specific combination of floral elements. Definitely a seasonally specific fragrance: I couldn't imagine wearing this on anything but a cold late fall or winter day.

An interesting Amouage. The first few hours smell tarry, ashy, smoky, with a bit of leather and some floral nuances in the background. Artistic, unique but perhaps too weird for its own good as a perfume. The dry-down is a wonderful accord of lush floral and soft resins, though it appears after at least three hours. While I love the destination, I am not so sure about the journey.

Gents, Smellwise - Myths Man is my Favorite out of the whole Amouage Collection.
I started with a sample first, love at first sniff. It's very unique scent in the opening (the whole composition to be honest). You have to have the right taste in order to like or even love Myths.
The downside with this is the versatility: I would wear this when it's super cold outside, maybe during the evenings, dressed up in a suit and overcoat & red scarf: That would be fantastic scent to go with that if you can picture it.

Myths Man lasts 14-15 hours on my skin, projection for 1-2 hours - first application, fills the whole room for 3 hours.
Skin scent for 9 hours+
It's complex and quite potent, I usually go only One Spray.

Again, the best scent from Amouage, but that doesn't mean I will wear it so often, I find different frags from Amouage that are a bit more friendly when it comes to occasions.
Smell: 10/10 - Uniqueness: 10/10 - Longevity 10/10
Versatility - 6/10 - Overall 9/10

The opening of Myths Man is good, chrysanthemum and iris with a cold, ashy air about it, seem to hold the promise to an unusual experience, but that lasts for just a few minutes. After that nothing remotely interesting happens, and once the top notes are gone you're left to deal with a viciously harsh smoky vetiver that eats whatever other note they put into it. So no Rum, Rose or Leather, not even in the background, just earthy vetiver and some smoke, probably burnt vetiver smoke. I'm writing from the perspective of someone who doesn't hate vetiver per se, I might even enjoy some if played right, but here it's just one loud note going on and on. Myths man is a dark, sombre fragrance, but with no mistery or depth about it. Wearing it is like being stuck with someone you don't particularly like and who is always miserable.

All I get is Chrysanthemum with a trace of ashes. Initially I was in two minds. Its actually a fresh fragrance with a bit of body to it but at one point I forgot I was wearing it then something started getting up my nose. It projects and lasts!
Can't be having that!

Fragrance: 6.75/10
Projection: 7.5/10
Longevity: 8/10

Show more reviews of Myths Man...

Add your review of Myths Man

Perfumania - America's Leading Perfumery Chain!