Myrrh & Tonka
Jo Malone London (2017)

Overall

About Myrrh & Tonka by Jo Malone London

Jo Malone London

Part of Jo Malone London's Cologne Intense series. The fragrance was created by perfumer Mathilde Bijaoul, who says:

There is an atmosphere of addiction and carnal richness to this fragrance which appeals to both men and women. At the top there is a hint of lavender and a floral note, creating a comforting and voluptuous opening. The big, rich heart and base note of myrrh is sensual and the tonka brings generosity. It’s captivating and mesmerising.

Reviews of Myrrh & Tonka by Jo Malone London

There are 9 reviews of Myrrh & Tonka by Jo Malone London.

Awful to wear. Smells like insecticide in the early to mid at really close range, a phase that seems to last quite a while. Completely different experience spraying on fabrics where I catch it about 1-2 feet away then it smells very inviting for those that can wear this better than I can (and that will be most of you). I am currently enjoying my miniature as a room scent. Good linear long lasting mid, inviting. At a distance.
Sep 10, 2021

The lavender in the opening is a fairly traditional version, except that it is lighter and brighter than expected. Still, it is rich enough to satisfy.

The drydown brings in the myrrh, Omumbiri myrrh apparently, and it dark-ishly herbal smooth with gently spicy underdone. A bit later on, I get some nice fresh sweet almonds in the background, together with the tonka that is a bit tardy in making its appearance as promised by the name of this creation.

The base continues the tonka, only that there is a gradual mixing in the the vanilla, so that both, as well as the almond, merge into a sweet fest towards the end, truly leading to a gourmand finish.

I get moderate sillage, very good projection and an excellent ten hours of longevity on my skin.

A lovely scent for warmer spring days, rich and soft and standing on it own feet without the need to be layered like so many Jo Malones. The development is a bit linear at times, but the quality of the ingredients is very good, as in their blending. 3.25/5.
Sep 8, 2020

Not what I expected from a Jo Malone fragrance which tend to be light and ethereal, this one is dark and rich with great projection. In the opening I get a lavender that has been muffled by Tonka, it's an interesting start that immediately feels captivating, I'm in the date night mind set with this fragrance, it's very sensual and sexy. I get a bitterness in the dry down and I pick up on some hints of almond and a touch of myrrh, the star of the show tho is the Tonka which feels as luxurious as the famous Guerlain Tonka Imperiale, the overall quality and blending here is fabulous and well worth the money. I think this is easily suited to any gender and best worn in winter by a log fire preferably.
Jul 10, 2020

Not much of a top, middle, or base here - Everything seems to come together all at once. It reminds me of a liqueur I've drank in the past. Seems a bit creamy to my nose so far. Nutty and resinous, too.

I get more Tonka later and it's of a cola or root beer vibe. This frag is linear, in a good way. It's sweet mostly. Moreover, it IS one of the best Tonka scents I've ever tried!
Feb 3, 2020

One of my favorites from Jo Malone. I love its spicy and non cloying sweetness. It has good performances and is very unisex.
Feb 1, 2020

OOOOO la la i LOVE this scent its delicious!Its rich with warm almond and lush vanilla notes, it mingles with hand-harvested myrrh tree to create a long-lasting and alluring fragrance.
Mar 7, 2019

Show more reviews of Myrrh & Tonka...

Add your review of Myrrh & Tonka