Musc 25

Overall

About Musc 25 by Le Labo

Le Labo
Frank Voelkl

Exclusively available in Los Angeles.

Where to buy Musc 25

Reviews of Musc 25 by Le Labo

The powdery/floral (lily of the valley?) notes make this one too feminine for me to wear but there is definitely some musky-stinkiness in Musc 25 that contradicts those softer aromas. It's not terrible and sometimes is intriguing but I cannot get enjoyment from wearing this personally.

Performance is good overall, lasts for hours and projects decently.

Aug 18, 2017

Out of everything I own, Le Labo still remains my #1 fragrance house. I find their fragrances to be unique and versatile. I really enjoy the sleek, modern, and simple personalized design of the bottle. Le Labo Musc 25 can be described as being a warm, soapy, powdery, dense/thick, clean white musk which also contains a dirty-sweet, animalic appeal. The powdery aroma can be best associated with a barbershop-esque Clubman Pinaud and unlike that of Johnson and Johnson baby powder. I would absolutely concur with henri435que's review when he correlates Musc 25 to Maurice Roucel's Musc Ravageur and Le Labo Labdanum 18. While there is an obvious parallel between these fragrances, Musc 25 has this irresistible and alluring sex appeal that is absent in the others. Most of my friends who I've shared samples with have ultimately purchased a full bottle. One appealing quality with this fragrance is that it is versatile and can be easily worn during the day or night (including after a shower or before bedtime) and throughout the year whereas I do not find Musc Ravageur or Labdanum 18 that easy to wear in the hot and humid weather. I usually apply a few extra sprays to ensure the fragrance will last an entire shift (8 hours.)
Apr 6, 2017

Musc 25 Los Angeles is the first Le Labo fragrance I've tried, after purchasing the same city exclusive sample pack from Luckyscent. At first smell, it reminds me of Shanghai Lily by Tom Ford in that it's a soft white musk with significant floral elements, but Musc 25 certainly isn't as refined or as welcoming as Shanghai Lily.

Xs and Os wise, Musc 25 is adequate in projection and longevity but not up to its EDP concentration label in either respect. Also, I definitely regard Musc 25 as more feminine on my skin, so it's definitely not for me, but it seems to hit the mark as far as its description. On the other hand, Musc 25 really isn't anything special and it becomes horrifying at the price point, well above (nearly double at 50ml!) what Le Labo charges for its standard entourage. Not for me, but it might smell nice on a woman with some money to spend.

5 out of 10
Sep 15, 2015

The opening combined a lovely white musk with vetiver, resulting in a bright impression that is not my usual connotation when I hear the word "musk." A touch of rose and lily-of-the-valley are just discernible in the background, and in the base some ambergris is added. Not extraordinary, but well a well-made smoothly blended scent for cooler summer days and evenings. Adequate projection with poor silage, and a very decent longevity of six hours. Lacking complexity, overall just a thumbs-up.
Jan 16, 2014

Musc 25 fulfilled all of its promise on my skin - it was a pillowy, clean, ethereal white musk from beginning to end, quite lovely, quite mannered. The accent is on the powdery pillow embracing this musk. I have chypre skin, which may be why it didn't turn on me in the midnote, so I would recommend this one to anyone who handles chypres well. It's delectable, cushiony, soft and voluptuous, a winner.
Jul 21, 2012

A musk that is white, trite and not worth knowing; but if you wish to smell like fabric softener, don't hesitate.

Kiehl's Original Musk has similar ambitions but smells incomparably more appealing for a fraction of the retail cost.
Jul 13, 2012

Show more reviews of Musc 25...

Add your review of Musc 25