Mugler Cologne Fly Away

Overall

About Mugler Cologne Fly Away by Thierry Mugler

Thierry Mugler

The company say:

FLY AWAY is an intense Cologne that blends a sparkling yellow grapefruit with aromatic hemp. Lively then captivating, FLY AWAY is twisted by the secret “C” note to heighten the senses to a high effervescence.

Where to buy Mugler Cologne Fly Away

Mugler Cologne Fly Away on eBay (Mugler Cologne Fly Away by Thierry Mugler)

Reviews of Mugler Cologne Fly Away by Thierry Mugler

There are 5 reviews of Mugler Cologne Fly Away by Thierry Mugler.

This is a grapefruit opening; a pleasant and fairly realistic, albeit synthetic and a touch metallic, rendering of a sour-sweetish grapefruit.

With time a slightly bitter-spritzy aroma develops, possibly die to a combination of cistus and whiffs of petitgrain. The sweetness is never dominant here. The hemp mention din the scent pyramid is hardly traceable, apart from a very perfunctory tone of a dry hemp rope.

I get moderate sillage, very good projection, and seven hours of longevity on my skin.

p pleasantly crisp summer scent, a bit linear overall and with a refreshing touch. 2.75/5
Mar 22, 2021

The opening grapefruit note leans feminine, is very floral, sweet and smells like it has other fruits like apricot mixed in. Maybe even some Peach Nehi soda. Not getting any hemp smell. The drydown goes back to masculine with a pleasant woody, slightly musky scent with only hints of the fruity opening remaining. Meant to be layered so maybe try this with anything that needs a floral-fruity kick. I like it fine on its own too.

Not something I would buy but at least it is wearable and unique.

I got very good performance with decent projection for 5-6 hours and longevity into the 8-9 hour range.
Jul 9, 2019

Crisp grapefruit. Sweet herbal note. Has a cedar vibe to it, if you ask me, after I've worn it awhile. Very tame. I get no "weed" note, here. None, whatsoever. Tried and quickly forgotten.
Oct 31, 2018

After a quick jolt of pineapple, Fly Away breaks out into a coconut-infused fruit punch, with a pinch of bile to make it especially tropical (you know how papaya and other tropical fruits have a bile undertone?). It gets less fruity with time, ending up as coconutty Malibu rum.

I personally don't like the bile note at all, but I can see how it falls in line with Mugler's playfulness, and also how it goes a long way to cut the sweet fruit overload of the topnotes. But given all that, I'd recommend L'Artisan's Ananas Fizz (while it's still available) or Malin + Goetz's Dark Rum as vomit-free alternatives.
Oct 10, 2018

Oh wow! Mugler Cologne Fly Away (yellow) has a really dense, sweet-sour quality that does smell like grapefruit, though the hemp note twists it up somewhat to make it more like a slice of pineapple cake! I appreciate the quality of Fly Away as it achieves something that I partly find with several citrus-ginger scents, but now without the spice.

It also reminds me of a heavily sugared glass of fresh-squeezed lemonade. It doesn't come across as cheap nor contrived; it is fresh, relaxing, and pleasant, great for a warm summer day's casual outing. (Others may wonder, who's carrying Country Time? ;^>)

Could "C" stand for cistus? That could explain that honeyish sweet quality that is hallmark for this flanker. Nonetheless, Fly Away is a fraternal twin to the new Mugler Cologne (green), which itself is a reformulation of the once-mossy original from 2001!

Bravo, Mr. Mugler. :-)