Mon Précieux Nectar

About Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain

Guerlain
Randa Hammami
Symrise

The fragrance is sold in 1 litre bottles exclusively at Guerlain boutiques. A very limited number of bottles will be produced.

Reviews of Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain

There are 14 reviews of Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain.

I love both almond and orange blossom, but don’t think the combination quite works here. Something in this also smells synthetic and plasticky - it doesn’t smell nearly as natural as some other orange blossom fragrances.

Absolutely not worth the price.
Jun 7, 2021

To the reviewer who claimed this is a derivative of Mugler's Angel...disregard that claim. It's so blatantly false that I have to wonder if they're reviewing the wrong fragrance. The only thought association of similarity this MIGHT hold to "Angel" is in that Mon Precieux Nectar is absolutely angelic, as fragrances go. Delicate, deeply natural, lightly sweet. It's so strangely magical that my jaw went slack with awe when I first put my nose to my wrist.

This is one of the rare fragrances where a note by note breakdown isn't really appropriate. It's so effortlessly blended that there isn't terribly much change from top to heart, though the dry down is significantly less endowed with floral nuances. Overall though, smelling this is like inhaling the full scent spectrum a sun-warmed blossom in a single moment. It has an otherworldliness that doesn't imply a departure from nature, but rather a deep introspection into a side of the natural world that's rarely experienced. The secret life of the flower, almost. And in the dry down we return to our own reality, but leave with a lingering memory.
While the orange blossom accord is certainly familiar, the presentation of it is such that this is unlike any perfume I have ever smelled.

I've rated the sillage a 4 even though by most standards this would probably rate at a 2 or even 1...but I prefer my scents to sit close, so this is fairly perfect for me.
Apr 6, 2021

Apr 6, 2021

My favorite spring/summer scent. As one of my students said, “You smell like a fairy!” I can’t do a better description than that. This has got to be how fairies smell - Honeyed orange blossom with a bit of almond. My only negative is that my skin eats it up.

Someone above posted that it’s an Angel dupe, but I don’t get that at all. Angel is spiced chocolate/caramel and can go heavy (gotta watch your sprayage). I genuinely believe you can bathe in Mon Precieux Nectar and still not have it become cloying. Also, I get no spice. This is sweetness (but not too sweet on me) and light.

I can see that it might be too sweet for some. I think this might be one that some might need to sample if your skin pulls more sweet and you’re not a fan of that? I think it’s beautifully blended, but I’d hate for anyone to be sad. However, if you were, I’d swap it for almost anything else in my wardrobe!
Feb 18, 2021

Why has no one noticed that this is a copy of Mugler’s Angel? The same fruity floral almond opening that was unique at its debut, then copied by dozens of flankers, including Mugler himself with variations on a theme.

It’s very sweet and very reminiscent of candles and room sprays in department stores at Christmas time. Nice but copies don’t rate high marks. I’m surprised Guerlain would create something so obviously derivative.
Jun 27, 2017

A fresh orange blossom with an underlying layer of jasmine - that is the impression I get from the opening blast. Pleasant but very restrained very soon after the first few moments.

The main addition in the drydown is a vanilla note that is nicely done. It is neither particularly brilliant nor particularly unpleasant. On the contrary, this is a rather elegant vanilla, and at times vibrations of a faint Guerlinade add whiffs of a subtle powderiness to the vanilla.

All the base adds is a glimpse of a nondescript white musk that is hardly worth mentioning.

The sillage is soft, the projection adequate and the longevity six hours on my skin.

A rather simple - maybe too simple a concept is behind this spring scent, which is not bad but very linear. Now a simple or minimalist composition may be very convincing if the superior quality of its ingredients or some especially creative twist elevate it in way or another, but I cannot discover any such redeeming features in this Guerlain. Nice but a bit too plain. 2.75/5.
Mar 6, 2017

Show more reviews of Mon Précieux Nectar...

Add your review of Mon Précieux Nectar