Misia Eau de Toilette

About Misia Eau de Toilette by Chanel

Chanel
Olivier Polge

Reviews of Misia Eau de Toilette by Chanel

There are 21 reviews of Misia Eau de Toilette by Chanel.

Believe it or not, I actually find Misia EDT similar to Guerlain Insolence. The lychee opening is incredibly loud and fruity, almost too much so for me, and every time I wear it I'm reminded of Insolence EDP's grape-candy opening. Both fragrances have their fruity top notes sit atop a middle base of parma violets. Where the Insolence is more brash, Misia is more behaved, cheerful, winsome and light-hearted. I do find Misia quite a large departure from the other Chanel Exclusifs - not in quality, but in character.

Interestingly, there is no lychee listed in the newer EDP formulation as it appears to have been replaced with raspberry (which, ironically, is also the opening of Insolence EDT). I wonder how much this changes the scent as I get a huge dose of lychee from the EDT.
Jan 26, 2021

This, is "classic" Chanel. Worldly beauty. Well mixed florals and such. Divine! It smolders, with vibrant iris and mild fruit. Hints, of pale and refined rose. Dusty. Dry. Fairly discreet. The raspberry here, is understated - just enough to be interesting.
Iris, seems to be the star here. It dances with mimosa, violet, and vanilla, for the longest time.

Slight balsamic or resinous flavor, later on. Nice stuff!
Nov 9, 2019

The EDT. Iris has a big punch in the opening; it's surrounded by violets, aldehydes and roses. The direction is clear and straightforward, the iris has the lead. Misia is vegetal, fruity, powdery. It's very elegant, polite and serious. The very end is incredibly beautiful, a perfectly smelling buttery suede that feels like a second skin. It wears very close, it's light and intimate.
Mar 6, 2019

This is a soft quintessential makeup perfume. It's got notes of Guerlain's meteorites makeup - powdery violet and iris. There is the signature aldehydes which I've come to expect in Chanel perfumes added in. It's not as bright at Lipstick Rose and a bit more subdued than Drole de Rose and a bit more playful than Sixteen92's Bruised Violet. All of these are fantastic 'makeup' perfumes in their own right and Misia would be the middle sister in the bunch.

I've been testing Misia on and off for a good two years and I have yet to hit the button on a full purchase due to it's price point and the longevity is wanting. It's a wonderful and magnificent perfume, I just wish it lasted longer on the skin.
Feb 22, 2019

Misia EDT

Testing Misia EDT for the first time. I've sniffed the EDP. Maybe it's the difference between the EDT and the EDP, but this is not as I remember it. It's joyful! It kind of reminds me of the bubbly Rose in Miss Charming by Juliette Has a Gun. I think I could wear this! I have issues with violet as a note in general, but Iris does tame it down quite a bit. Such a great lipstick scent. I think it's what Maison Margiela's Lipstick On wants to be when it grows up.

I wonder if I could pull this off? It feels a bit like borrowing another woman's clothes... Another woman's too-chic clothes from an older era.

And there's a soprano Rose note that will probably give me a raging headache, but it's so lovely you almost want to cry. Not so facepowdery as its EDP sibling. But I think the EDP might be more wearable for me...

Regardless, it feels like wearing a real, live, still life. It smells how the illustration on the front cover of The Secret Garden looks like it would smell.

Within an hour it has calmed down to simple Iris and violet, with a much more vintage handbag vibe.
Aug 26, 2017

Stardate 20170731:

I smell hard candy. Jolly rancher blue raspberry. I dont know what accord is that but it has taken over everything. Something I must be hyperosmic to.
I do smell some iris and some ambery base but very faint.
Pass
Jul 31, 2017

Show more reviews of Misia Eau de Toilette...

Add your review of Misia Eau de Toilette