Miel de Bois

Overall

About Miel de Bois by Serge Lutens

Serge Lutens

Reviews of Miel de Bois by Serge Lutens

There are 44 reviews of Miel de Bois by Serge Lutens.

Sweet honied florals with a splash of acrid woods in the background.

I don't get the urine effect, thankfully. Turin/Sanchez called this an animalic floral, which I don't get. I also do not think their one star was fair. This is certainly worth at least three stars.

It is simple, direct and linear to my nose. Just sweet, light honeyed florals. Nothing remarkable, but certainly wearable.

It oddly reminds me of generic floral bouquets of vintage perfumes over the previous century, the sort that never survived to be considered collectable, as they were pretty much alike and pleasantly forgettable.

Nice.
May 19, 2016

One of the best medium-heave honey notes I have encountered in a while is the centerpiece if this composition - intense, rich; bees must be attracted so beware. A woodsy note is the background initially, possibly oak, but the drydown takes a floral turn with iris and hints of hawthorn, like a distant memory of Aubepine Acacia near a bee farm. Some darker whiffs of musk are added towards the end.

A wonderful fragrance, rich, original. I get moderate sillage, very good projection and five hours of longevity. Not for the faint hearted, and: try before you buy. Great in autumn. 4.5/5
Jan 20, 2015

Honeyed Woods and Gasoline Many thanks to my friend Suga for this sample. I have read some horror stories regarding Miel de Bois . I find no horror in this fragrance - just a natural raw honey note supported with beeswax and and cedary woodiness plus some Iso E Super which I feel is in there somewhere. As the scent becomes its own on my skin, there is an element of gasoline to the woods.I love that smell. Totally unisex and a beautiful unusual scent . Typically Serge Lutens . I love it. Pros: Unusual and beautifulCons: Not to everyone's taste and price"
Aug 20, 2013

I have been dipped in honey. It is effortlessly natural.
Jan 25, 2013

Only for a few moments you can smell the honey, then turn in a somewhat strange intense sweet note. Long duration. Not bad, but not for everybody.
Nov 17, 2012

This surprising, bold, unabashed, extremely artistic masterpiece is one of those wonderful fragrances that one could very easily assume as a signature fragrance but only because so few would have the gall or the balls to do likewise. The blasts of ebony and oak that leap out of the bottle on opening or first application to skin are so sharp, so acrid and so masterfully bold, so excessively masculine to the point of being almost gender bending (how could anything masculine be so strong perfume-wise you ask?)
well, Serge Lutens and Christopher Sheldrake must have been intent on creating something very personal when they sat down to this wonder.
The honey is laced strong and unforgiving throughout but never ponderously so, next to the incredible sweetness of the liquid honey there is the bitterness of beeswax burning slowly, welling up and overflowing on an altar, an altar made up of burnt, smoked hardwoods.There is the treacle, urinary, ammoniac sillage of a hive broken open by a brute bear, but it somehow all combines into a music that resonates, one of those dynamic to and fros that is the hallmark of daring and genius.
Intense, sweet, bitter, smokey.
Miel de Bois!
I am sure if I was some fading violet, some polite office citizen, some well-bred, happy lawyer I would hate this fragrance.
That I am none of the above is a great source of joy to me and it was inevitable that a rare and precious bottle of Miel de Bois would be gifted to me by a banker of great perception "It seems made for you!" were his words as he let the box fall into my hands.
Eternally grateful, I then realised that bottles of this wonder are only to be had at the Palais Royal shop in Paris.

It is fitting that I made the pilgrimage yesterday and walked away with 2 bell bottles.

For those who like strong, sharp scents beautifully crafted and balanced.
Divisive, sensuous, beautiful, borderline.

Jun 19, 2012

Show more reviews of Miel de Bois...

Add your review of Miel de Bois