Malabrigo
Fueguia 1833 (2010)

Overall

About Malabrigo by Fueguia 1833

Fueguia 1833

From the press release: "Native of the high plateau, the vicuña has a fur highly valued since pre-Incan times. We have created the scent of the warm and soft neck of a vicuña." The fragrance is part of the Fábula Fauna collection.

Reviews of Malabrigo by Fueguia 1833

What you see is what you get with Malabrigo: the three notes listed really must be the only elements in this fragrance and you can detect them very easily. The gaiacwood at the top: an all too brief smokiness that is delicate and delightful, rather than an ashtray smokiness. This is what made me fall in love with this fragrance. It pretty much instantly gets overwhelmed by the cashmeran which is, well, overwhelming and persistent and lasts many hours. Once the cashmeran cloud wears off, you are left with a nice, simple copaiba skin scent that also lasts days on your clothes. For that reason I will spray this fragrance onto my bra, so every now and then I get a nice woody whiff.

I really wish there was less cashmeran in this combo. The love at first sight (smell) has worn off, and now it's a bit of an overly possessive boyfriend. The muskiness needs to be tempered by some other elements. Malabrigo is a bit skeletal in that sense...I feel like it needs to be more fleshed out. I did, however, successfully wear it in combination with Tam Dao and Ambre Nue. The three complimented eachother quite nicely.

If you love cashmeran this is such "cozy sweater" scent. Would be unbearable in warmer months, but great for the cooler ones.

I have the 30ml "agua de perfume". One spray is more than plenty. I am considering watering it down with grain alcohol and wearing it in combination with other frangrances like mentioned above.
Jun 5, 2015

Show more reviews of Malabrigo...

Add your review of Malabrigo