Mahogany Woods fragrance notes

• Base

• Bourbon vanilla, Amber, Tonka bean, Sandalwood

Where to buy

Latest Reviews of Mahogany Woods

This is so near to being very good. The wood, sage, and cognac are promising, but there is just too much sweetness inside the scent. The sugary subtext overpowers the woodiness. It's a shame, because it's good. But it is oh so close to being wonderful.
12th February 2021
This is a bit of a mystery scent wise but oh so good. It is a woody scent in the opening with a heavy mahogany which is rare but with it's vanilla dry down it turns nearly gourmand-ish. This so unique for a scent. I hear a number of Pure Havane comparisons but it is not at all smokey or have a tobacco note to it. Instead, it is clean. Not in a soapy way because it is rather boozy, and not in a overly way like say 212 VIP (not that I hate the smell of that fragrance) so it is more of a work-friendly booze.

Bath and Body Works is one of my favorite houses and this fragrance more than lives up to the hype it has earned for me. The smell lasts about 10-12 hours with becoming a skin scent at the 3-4 hour mark. Sillage is pretty good too. It is an all day scent for fall and winter.

Overall Mahogany Woods is a scent I am glad that Simply Put Scents turned me onto. I have to give this scent a 8.8 out of 10. While I love that it turns nearly into a gourmand, it is a little too vanilla heavy for my liking.
11th October 2016

Bath and Body Works Mahogany Woods is one of the better deals out there, especially for fans of boozy, sweet fragrances, at $29.50 for 100ml. It's very sweet, very much a candied sweetness with whiskey and woods, mich sweeter than, say, By Kilian Single Malt or Thierry Mugler Pure Malt, or even Pure Havane. So this would only appeal to those that can stomach the sweetness. I can't speak to the notes very specifically, but I imagine vanilla supplies some of the sweetness, given how sweet it is. I like the boozines to whiskey, and the woodiness to maple.

Longevity and projection and both strong for an EDC, as it projects for a couple hours and then remains a skin scent for 6-8 hours; far closer to my expectation of a good EDT, not a EDC.

While it's not specifically masculine, I imagine it would still work best for men, though I'm sure some women would enjoy it. It surely demands a try by men who enjoy sweet, boozy fragrances, though.

7 of out 10
16th February 2016
Great performance from this one, so go easy on the sprays. The drydown reminds me of CK Shock. Might be confusing the bourbon vanilla in Mahogany Woods with the chocolate in CK Shock.
21st December 2015
This is delicious. 2-3 Sprays last 8 hours on me. Best longevity from an edc out of any i have ever used. Soft scent yet projects good. Its a softer, nuttier Spicebomb. Best $20 spent ever.
2nd November 2015
This is decent smelling for a cheapie. It's actually quite a lot better than many - far more expensive - options. However, I found it to be a bit on the feminine side.

From reading the notes it sounds quite masculine, but the scent is very unisex leading towards feminine. My girlfriend recognized it as bath and body works immediately and told me I smelled like a 14 year old girl. I still liked it though.

If you like warm, vanilla scents, you'll probably like this as well.
24th August 2015
This fragrance is absolutely amazing. It is in my top five winter nighttime juices. And for $30 for a 3.4 in store no discounts you can't beat that!
25th July 2015
A nice soothing nighttime vanilla with great longevity and projection from just 2 sprays. Most people who smelled it on me said there's a clear presence of woods but to me it's mainly vanilla.

Great for the price and works for experimentation with layering. It's described as masculine on the box but can easily be worn by a woman IMO. Definitely worth checking out.
20th May 2015
Nice fragrance for the price. Boozy vanilla (very light though) with a light musk note. Can be worn in warmer weather because of its lightness. 7.5 /10
22nd March 2015
This is a great cheap fragrance. Has a more mature smell than the citrus heavy scents they often have at B&BW. Has a very warm, sweet smell that is finished with slight ruggedness. Not a teenager scent. Women will want to snuggle with you on winter nights. Especially if you are sporting a little stubble and a cozy plaid shirt.

I do not see wearing this in the summer. More of a casual scent. Not something I would wear with dressy clothes. You need to pick this up. Why not at the price? The body wash is nice too. Complements very well. Nice for a hot shower in the winter.
13th February 2015
Spectacular fragrance, has elements of Spicebomb but doesn't get musky on the drydown, just a consistent delicious boozy vanilla. The top with blood orange is wonderful. Longevity, as with most Vanilla-based gourmands is great, 8-10 hours consistently, and on clothes, days..Honestly this stuff is better than many bottles triple the price definitely grab it, at $20-30 for 100mL this stuff is a no brainer.

I'm rather shocked by how good this is as Bath and Bodyworks previous scents have been cheap and hideous disasters. Hopefully this marks a change in direction for them, and hopefully they don't do something stupid like discontinue this for yet another of the crap aquatics they put out periodically.

Ignore the other two distractions in this line called "Alpine Suede" and "Whitewater Rush", those two are consistent with the nasty cheap fragrances from their older collection like "Ocean," "Oak" and "Twilight Woods."

4th October 2014