Ma Dame
Jean Paul Gaultier (2009)

Overall

About Ma Dame by Jean Paul Gaultier

Jean Paul Gaultier

Where to buy Ma Dame

Reviews of Ma Dame by Jean Paul Gaultier

There are 27 reviews of Ma Dame by Jean Paul Gaultier.

I had no idea what to expect from this one. I blind-bought it. Glad I did. On me, this goes from one note to the next. Orange gives way to rose, melts into grenadine, mellows into musk. The cedar in the base is just right. I find cedar can overwhelm or even destroy a base by its strength. Overall this Gaultier is sublime.

The bottle is damn cool.
Jun 10, 2018

Orange is at the core of the fresh opening, but overall this scent is dominated by a pleasant rose that is a touch synthetic on my skin, but quite nice.
Musk is the core of the base, with generic wood in the background.

I get moderate sillage, adequate projection and five hours of longevity. Pleasant in spring but nothing special. 2/5
Jul 20, 2015

Salutation.

EDP:I love my eyes when you look into them.i love my name when you say it,I love my heart when you love it and i love cuddle you when you wear MADAME EDP!It has a lovely scent that you want to take with you everywhere you go.more provocative,sensual and sexy than the MADAME EDT and makes you feel like a sensual woman. Srrong,Floral,Elegant,Charming,Modern and Intriguing.

MADAME EDP is a beautifully intricate chypre-floral perfume for women that features orange,pink pepper, rose,patchouli and a hint of musk and Virginia cedar that bring up the base with an air of warmth and sensuality to appeal to all sexes.It gives you feeling like when your lover touch you.fresh and seductively romantic,and yet sexy and womanly all at the same time.

The rose is prominent in this EDP. The packaging is super cute.it is for the young,sexy social women(25/35 years old) and definitely a bold character.It can be worn for Evening wear as well as romantic occasion.a evening out with your lover who just love this scent.one of those fragrances that stop men in their tracks and have women asking you where you got it...I love cuddle you when you wear MADAME EDP!

Sillage?Pleasant.

Longevity?Excellent on my skin.

Apr 23, 2015

ANISE. A whooping, acrid, intense anise. I am glad that many can enjoy this scent, but to avoid further casualties like me who read largely positive reviews and so bought blind..... this is the joint-worst scent I have ever smelt in my life (the other being Molinard's Un Air d'Habanita). I am sceptical of people who say this, but it really did make me feel nauseous, and my boyfriend and I had to open the windows of the car to gasp some fresh air. I am no fan of anise/licorice notes, but can tolerate them when softened and spiced or sweetened e.g. Vivienne Westwood's Let it Rock or Caron's Eau de Reglisse. But why is anice/licorice/tarragon not listed in the notes when it's what overwhelms the fragrance?! Any grenadine (which presumably inspired the gorgeous bottle colour) is throttled by the synthetic anise and a sort of noxious burnt plastic smell.
Sep 30, 2014

Of course a "Gaultier Masterpiece" which was expected since I already own the Ma Dame edp appropriate for winter. This is a spring/summer perfume, long lasting and fresh combining citrus/rose/sweetness and presenting a unique aroma which will be noticed by many. The woody notes stand in the background without making the perfume at all heavy and suffocating. Lovely choice with a very nice bottle. Extra happy with it!!! True gem!!!
Jul 14, 2014

Genre: Floral

The fizzy lemon top note is a bit like 7-Up or Sprite, right down to the sneeze-inducing, bubbles-up-your-nose sensation. It's really rather entertaining. The citrus can't sustain itself at this intensity for too long, but some of its tart effervescence remains as Ma Dame develops. There's a chemical edge to Ma Dame's central citrus, herbs, and green floral accord that some have described as “plastic” or “vinyl.” This effect is so blatant and conspicuous that I have to conclude that it's intentional: perfumer Francis Kurkdjian cocking a snook at conventional ideas of beauty in fragrance. In this case the joke works, perhaps because the cheerfully crass packaging and the goofball top notes provide such an ideal set-up. That, and the fact that unlike some other irreverent scents – Sécrétions Magnifiques and Skarb come to mind – Ma Dame still remembers to smell appealing between all the kooky gestures. The clean musk laundry detergent base notes are something of a letdown, but the rest is a hoot while it lasts.

And yes, despite the name and the pink bottle with boobs, I think this would work just as well for men.
Jun 19, 2014

Show more reviews of Ma Dame...

Add your review of Ma Dame