M Génération

Mauboussin
Henri Bergia

Reviews of M Génération by Mauboussin

The Spice Dreamer said,
"One day, a great ship arrives!"
"Just show us your goods."
Nov 3, 2017

My husband has repeat purchased this golden gun of a fragrance. The top notes and pepper remind me very much of the original Tabac from my Dad's days. It's so affordable and likeable. Can't go wrong with this one.
Sep 14, 2016

A masculine scent that can be worn by a woman, particularly if you love iris, incense or unisex fragrances. On my skin I get primarily iris, incense, labdanum and guaiac wood. On my skin, it reminds me of church incense in cold weather, while a fruity iris comes out in warm weather.

Top notes: bergamot, ginger,nutmeg,pink bay leaf, sechuan pepper. Heart notes: iris, incense, cinnamon and Egyptian jasmine. Base: labdanum, cedar, Guaiac wood and sandalwood.

I am a fan of Mauboussin in general, so this was a successful blind buy for me.
Apr 1, 2016

I'm rather amazed that no one seems to mention the Oud in the middle notes...?
Oct 12, 2015

This is hamster cage in a bottle.
But a GOLDEN hamster cage, and a superb beautiful bottle.
The bottle looks like a copper menhir, a copper rounded stone, patina and looks like it's old, but people want to touch it all the time, like the titties on statues LOL.
It is very good quality, it has a longevity of 36 hours on my skin.
Yes, a lot of cedar, a lot. That's why I cannot give it a full blown 10, but, the incense like drydown is so nice, I keep smelling my arm on and on.

I bought this for only 37 Euro on the internet, 100 ml., I was getting the idea from a review on You Tube by , mind you, a teenager, very unprofessional, but enthusiastic reviewer from NJ. His reactions brought me to think this was something very special.
I have V & R Spicebomb, but I cannot wear it, I find it too heavy, too Christmas pie for me (V & R Antidote is heaven).
So:
longevity : 10
sillage: 7/8
overall smell: 9
Jun 30, 2015

Somewhere in the same group with Interlude Man, and Bentley Intense, only much better, and much more wearable. Upen the opening I get a lot of incense, but it quickly mellows into a heavy dose of iris and sweet woodsy notes.. probably the combination of sandalwood and cinnamon. It has a incense feel more than an incense smell to me. No stupid annoying fruity notes here, just pure manliness. Modern, conservative, and niche quality for sure. Great price too. Would love if they made smaller bottles, like a 1.7 oz or even a 1 oz, 3.3 oz of this will never get used in my collection.

This also reminds me of Versace Man, without all the saffron.
Jan 27, 2015

Show more reviews of M Génération...

Add your review of M Génération