Lys Méditerranée
Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle (2000)

Overall

Lys Méditerranée by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

About Lys Méditerranée by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

Frederic Malle

Lys Méditerranée is a shared scent launched in 2000 by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

Reviews of Lys Méditerranée by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

There are 43 reviews of Lys Méditerranée by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle.

Creamy lily with flashes of a sea breeze. Predictable but lovely, quiet yet vivid. Proper and crisp from the lily, relaxed at the cuffs. Society types idling on the beach. Upon further consideration, it masterfully blends the soapy-sweet-buttery aspects of the lily with a deeper salty undercurrent. Barely a whisper of powder to be found. Overall, careless and darling.

Flower, land and breeze
How can I separate you?
Let me live in you

I snuck spring into the office today. Looked out on yet another dark dank dreary day and headed for work. With me is this polite scent, riding close to my skin under my jacket up the elevator. I hang my jacket on the back of my chair, inhale deeply -- and magically, in my office is SPRING: scented by blooming of tiger lilies, orange blossoms, muget peeks in later in the day, ferns. and a little ray of sun to brighten my day.
In meetings and conferences as I tuck my chin in my hand as if considering some topic, and take a discreet sniff or two and try not to smile. Still, I'm the only one who knows spring is here.
At the end of the day, I smile as we ride down the elevator and I head back out into the rain and darkening skies of November while enveloped by spring.

Lovely, very realistic floral with great longevity. Will last all day. Projection is moderate, but you won't forget you are wearing it. I love the smell it leaves on my shirts after wearing it, which will last for days. You will keep going back to your closet to sniff your collar, just because :-)

1990's overload. Absolute torture / nightmare for me personally but I do appreciate that it exists in the world.

If there was a life blood that connected the 90's cultural zeitgeist from beginning to end, from the lily and sunflower print bicycle shorts and ‘rodeo drive' aesthetic of the early decade to the mid-1990's bubba / southern belle chic moment (designing women, grace under fire, Forrest Gump, bill clinton, Kathie Lee, etc) to the Late 1990's where CK1, wet-look, gelled hair, and the Lilith fair reigned supreme - it would smell like this. If you are a millennial, you wore CK1 to your aunt's Lily-filled wedding. Now you can wear Lys Med to transport you back in time.

Anti-sweet, floral opening. Green. Bitter. Borders on fetid or indolic. Rooty-ginger, old fading lilies. The flowers are too "rotted" for my pleasure. The heart is more civilized, adding a touch of root, near the earth, aromas. More green. Lily increases. Pungent still.

I get more angelica greenness. Musk is crusty, almost dirty. I like my florals, lily scents, with less green, more sugar. Not for me.

Show more reviews of Lys Méditerranée...

Add your review of Lys Méditerranée