L'Or Bio

Overall

About L'Or Bio by Melvita

Melvita

Reviews of L'Or Bio by Melvita

There are 1 reviews of L'Or Bio by Melvita.

This was reduced to a tenner in a l'Occitane outlet shop at the weekend, and I'm glad I invested.

Anyway, it's not exactly classic material, but it's stirring memories of the '70s and '80s. It smells like any number of shampoos, cosmetics, etc - somewhat balsamy - notes listed as bergamot, jasmine, fig leaves, tiaré flowers, and cedar, and describing itself as a perfume of light and of life! I keep sniffing it as it reminds me of Flex shampoo, Neutrogena Rainbath shower gel, herbal toothpaste, and especially of these little circular moist pads that came in a plastic box like a compact, which my mother and friends used to carry - probably a precursor to the cosmetic wipes of today - actually I wish today's wipes smelled like those. It's a little like a scent made to cover the acetone of nail polish remover with a bit of the acetone still there - somewhat chemical (although it's actually all natural according to box) but addictive - not quite a complete throwback to Tippex sniffing but definitely down memory lane.

It's like a little scent holiday in the vein of what Agua Motu does for me with seaside smells - bringing me right back to the past via a smell, and quite addictive, so fun to wear, but I don't really know if I'd call it a perfume.
May 5, 2017