L'Ombre Fauve 8.1 / Private Collection - L'Ombre Fauve
Parfumerie Generale (2007)

Overall

About L'Ombre Fauve 8.1 / Private Collection - L'Ombre Fauve by Parfumerie Generale

Parfumerie Generale

Reviews of L'Ombre Fauve 8.1 / Private Collection - L'Ombre Fauve by Parfumerie Generale

There are 38 reviews of L'Ombre Fauve 8.1 / Private Collection - L'Ombre Fauve by Parfumerie Generale.

It opens with what smells to me like tobacco– a sweet one such as in Derviche or Vanille Havane. Then it dries down to a powdery, slightly spicy amber with a supportive musk. The animalic here are furry, rather than fecal, and remind me of fragrances I smelled as a child in the 80's. It's subtle, and not too sweet. Fantastic.
Mar 16, 2021

The opening is very nice. Sweet boozy with notes of vanillia and amber. After 10 minutes it becomes a skiny scent. Disappointing projection. Longevity about 3-4 hours with week performance.
Propably it has been reformulated.
Nov 30, 2019

The opening is sweet and animalic; vanilla, musk and powdery notes create a bit of funk that makes is interesting. It smells like sweet fur but the musk will be later overpowered by ambery notes. It has pretty good performance on my skin. This perfume has a Serge Lutens vibe.
Aug 27, 2018

This is a gorgeous combination of (as many have already noted) amber, patchouli, and musk. The furrily animalic portion of this which is evident in the scent's early stages smells incredibly sensual. To others it may smell like wet laundry left too long in the machine, to me it smells like all things warm and sharply mammalian. Unfortunately, I get less enthused about L'Ombre Fauve as time goes on and amber stands up and takes center stage. This is a matter of personal taste because I am an amber-phobe, but for those who are not and who love to smell like sexy, sweet, and slightly musty powder, you are in for a treat.
Sep 26, 2017

This scent was recommended to me in a thread about animalics, where I stated that one of my life goals is to find a fragrance that smells like the fur of my cat.

I find this scent doesn't literally capture what I was after, but it does so in spirit. First off, it's one of the first scents that really reads as seriously animalic to me, and I like it. It's not a dirty kind of animalic, but, like other reviewers have mentioned, it's intimate. The animalics remind me of my childhood somehow. I can't actively remember, but I feel like I must have been exposed to a few ladies who wore the big eighties powerhouses in my time. It gives me a pleasant sense of nostalgia.

Other than an animalic this is predominantly a vanilla scent to me. The vanilla is warm and deep, powdery and fuzzy, and it lingers on the skin for days.

I can go on about the notes, but let's not get bogged down in the details; this is first and foremost an emotional scent, which brings things back to my cat and his fur. One of life's greatest delights is burying my nose in his belly when he's sleeping with a conviction that seems exclusive to cats. This scent captures some of that bliss, wrapping me in a soft warm blanket of loveliness.

I don't particularly like vanilla scents, especially not in summer, but this is perfect.

Jul 7, 2017

This opens with a slightly vanilla warm musk. Almost Barbershop-like. After a bit, it has a vintage 40s-50s womens' amber animalic scent. Reminds me of a classic woman's fragrance from post-WW II. Fuzzy and powdery also describe this fragrance. Very well made. Unisex
Jun 21, 2017

Show more reviews of L'Ombre Fauve 8.1 / Private Collection - L'Ombre Fauve...

Add your review of L'Ombre Fauve 8.1 / Private Collection - L'Ombre Fauve