Lolita Lempicka

Firmenich
Alain de Mourgues

Where to buy Lolita Lempicka

Reviews of Lolita Lempicka by Lolita Lempicka

There are 116 reviews of Lolita Lempicka by Lolita Lempicka.

A thousand better reviews elsewhere. I felt it is too sweet for anyone over 25 or under 60.The anise and vanilla at dryown was nice. I also got the plastic smell in much of it, which was unpleasant.
For a grown-up lovers of licorice, anise, fennel, check out Runholtz Feb.14, 1912, it's a gloriously blended woody aromatic that manages to blend it's multiple notes into a sophisticated unique and wearable scent, starting with the licorice.
Neutral on this because I can see younger nieces liking this, they'c call it 'vintage' -- or perhaps my grandmother who is still rocking scents age 99 (roller ball applicators only due to arthritis).
Dec 2, 2020

les amoureux Marc Chagall 1928
Mar 17, 2020

I have tried this fragrance at least 5 times in the last few months because of all the outstanding reviews touting this as a beautiful and unique gourmand “... bordering on the edge of edible and inedible.” I usually love unique fragrances that incorporate underutilized notes – I adore the Hermès Un Jardin collection, Demeter Dirt, Byredo Gypsy Water, Gap Grass – but to me Lolita Lempicka smells like moldy lawn clippings sitting in a black plastic yardwaste bag, emphasis on the plastic. Literally that is all I get until it finally fades away into nothingness. I get no licorice, no vanilla, no florals, no tonka... just moldy greens and trash bags. I wanted so badly to love this neo-classic perfume with it's cult-like following, but I just cannot. My eyes are currently watering from the nauseating stench of plastic radiating from my wrists and I must scrub it off. :[
May 3, 2019

Definitely one of the sweetest and perfumes I own, but I love this one and consider it a modern classic. This seems to work because it also includes the powdery violet and iris, and some herbs and spice from the star anise, licorice and ivy. Despite being classified as a gourmand scent, this doesn't tip the scales into total food territory. It also manages not to be an Angel clone even though it came out around the same time, but is completely its own thing. The bottle fantastic and is very evocative of the scent, and the advertising as well, this does have a sort of girly, fairy garden feel. It's sweet, fun and easy to wear but still complex and very unique. Good stuff!
Mar 22, 2019

As this is the 113th review of Lolita Lempicka I'm not going to run over its highs and lows, others have done that already.

There are now 46 flankers of the original juice, most of them housed in a bottle shaped like an apple, just like Poison. And it's this poisonous gourmand thing that makes LL so interesting. Back in the nineties perfume was not afraid to use a note like ivy in an oriental gourmand, such as you find in Pavarotti for Men (1994). But today, the 'eat me - don't eat' me paradox at the heart of LL has proved to be challenging for mass perfumery. In its day the difficult and contradictory gourmand message LL gave out didn't stop it from becoming a monster best seller. Since then however, perfumers seem to have forgotten that gourmands function best on the boundary where scent meets taste. Under pressure to make the genre more commercial the trend has been away from the inedible and towards the tasty. Perfume now tries to hook the consumer through her (and now increasingly) his, taste buds. At first it was candy floss but now it's bigger doses of better new molecules - cheap products of the much larger flavour industry. As a consequence, the gourmand has lost a lot of its uneasy, stomach churning, headache inducing power to fascinate - and repel at the same time. Somehow, a huge dollop of red fruity syrup with your patchouli seems easier for the human brain to figure out than the parma violets and licorice hidden in the dusty recesses of ivy growing on a wooden fence, such as we have here.

LL divides opinion. And that's a good thing in my book; it shows there is a vital creative spark at work. The mixture of edible and indigestible notes presents the kind of challenge that a piece of music does where the melody contains dissonant elements as well as harmonious ones. So when we review it today - in the age of the fruchouli jingle, what seems amazing about the dissonant Lolita Lempicka is just how successful it was.

****
Aug 19, 2018

I'm new to the vast, magical world of fragrance, which means that I'm just now testing fragrances that others have known for years.

I recently sampled Wildfox's namesake perfume and fell in love with its licorice note. Strange, since I detest eating/drinking anything with licorice flavor and find the Wildfox brand supremely irritating. Seeking out other fragrances with licorice/absinth/anise notes, I discovered Lolita Lempicka.

The licorice in Wildfox is almost sparkling yet still smooth due to it's complementary honey note. Lolita Lempicka's licorice is smooth and mysterious, not quite dark, not too sweet, and completely irresistible. I should have been wearing this in 1998 when I first listened to Smashing Pumpkins' 'Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness' from beginning to end, lying on my bedroom floor with my eyes closed and burning incense despite (or, in all honesty, because of) my parents' strict no-incense rule. I was seven years late as a Smashing Pumpkins fan, and now I'm 21 years late as a Lolita Lempicka fan. Luckily, it's still pretty easy to find, and I look forward to adding this to my meager but growing collection.
May 20, 2018

Show more reviews of Lolita Lempicka...

Add your review of Lolita Lempicka