Lily of the Valley

Penhaligon's

Lily of the Valley is a women's perfume launched in 1976 by Penhaligon's

Where to buy Lily of the Valley

Reviews of Lily of the Valley by Penhaligon's

There are 17 reviews of Lily of the Valley by Penhaligon's.

I love Lily of the Valley, and it is done here as a lovely soliflore. I get mostly the one floral note, with the sandalwood coming in at the dry down. The sandalwood grounds it and gives it more lasting power than Diorissimo on my skin. This is a classic for a reason. It's perfect in spring.

Of course it smells like Lilly of the valley, but the geranium and the rose make it feel synthetic. The Lilly disappears nearly completely after 10 minutes for some itchy acid smell.

Longevity and sillage are average.

I only smell one note in this perfume, Lily-of-the-Valley, pure and simple. Beautiful Lily-of-the-Valley, my second favorite flower. It lasts a long time on my skin. Pure perfection.

A beautiful white flower scent. It does smell like an old perfume, but this is no bad thing- why mess with a classic? I love the clean, summery smell. It is strong without being cloying or overpowering, which is a fault I have found with some of Penhaligon's other floral scents.

One of my sample pack that I' trying out. It's a lovely scent, but just not for me. Light and springy, okay for a break from a fave, but I like a perfume with more oomph. Fleurine describes it very well.

TOP NOTES
Bergamot, Lemon and Geranium

MIDDLE NOTES
Lily of the Valley, Rose, Ylang Ylang and Jasmine

BASE NOTES
Oakmoss and Sandalwood

Penhaligon's Lily of the Valley is the tomboy of the Muguet soliflores. The addition of unusual notes like geranium and oak moss take what is usually an utterly feminine white floral scent, and cast it in a more complex chypre-like role. Do I detect teensiest weensiest bit of rubbery/leatheriness in there?
If the Guerlain Muguet is Grace Kelly on her wedding day, and Diorissimo is Diana Spencer during her engagement to the Prince of Wales, then the Penhaligon Lily of the Valley is Katherine Hepburn in khakis and a polo shirt. Green, clean, and wholesome.

Show more reviews of Lily of the Valley...

Add your review of Lily of the Valley

M HammerFist More

Members who own Lily of the Valley

RUDOLFO512 vmarshmellow S Vanilla msveronica9 DanielleCooper moondeva strobbe *dora* M Cyn More