Lily of the Valley

Floris

Lily of the Valley is a women's perfume launched in 1847 by Floris

Where to buy Lily of the Valley

Reviews of Lily of the Valley by Floris

There are 4 reviews of Lily of the Valley by Floris.

When I read that Madonna was crazy about this perfume, I was curious and bought it at Bergdorf Goodman. It is a very true scent in that it smells exactly like the flower but a little stronger.

I live in a warm, humid climate, and this is one of my warm-weather go-to fragrances. For 8 months of the year I cannot bear to get bogged down with ambers and orris root; light, clean florals like this, Coach Freesia, and 360 actually work best. Admittedly, I'm not going to impress anyone wearing this fragrance, but then, neither will the perspiration dripping down my decollete'.

A very classic composition built on a dominant lily of the valley note enriched by tuberose and a very usual rose note. Well crafted, discreet and somehow elegant but absolutely anonimous.

Firstly, I'm no huge fan of Lily of the Valley soliflores. Now that's out of the way, I'm not loving this Floris rendition either. It reminds me of when I was a little girl, in the mid to late 1960's. There were these tiny dolls called "Lil Kiddles". A series of them came packaged inside cute plastic perfume bottle pods, and the dolls were flower scented. The one I had smelled just like Floris Lily of the Valley. For a 5 year olds' little toy doll, it was a fun scent. For a grown womans perfume, not so pleasant.

Add your review of Lily of the Valley