L'Homme Sage

About L'Homme Sage by Divine

Divine
Yann Vasnier

Reviews of L'Homme Sage by Divine

There are 48 reviews of L'Homme Sage by Divine.

L'Homme Sage by Divine is probably one of softest fragrances I've ever sampled. It wears like a big fluffy pillow, very light on the skin and to the nose from beginning to end. It opens with saffron and light hints of flower, but nothing very distinctive. The saffron dominates in a friendly, benign sort of way, with a patchouli and wood undertone in the heart phase. Incense breaks through late, but it never goes very intently in any direction. It's a pacifistic fragrance that just wears too light for me. While not feminine, it's not very masculine either. Smells nice but in the end I found it altogether boring and extremely fleetingly. I like the opening saffron but lost interest beyond that. A neutral is all I would give this.
Jan 23, 2018

Excellent as they are, these awesome gnummy ambers are simply not my kind of fragrance. I own a bottle and it's been nineteen months since my last wear. No matter, I don't wear LdDM much either but that doesn't mean they aren't fantastic.

L'homme Sage smells great and lasts for absolutely ever. But it is powdery sweet! Super sweet! Almost annoyingly so. They say there be immortelle, which usually comes off as everlasting maple syrup to me. Thankfully, that doesn't appear in this mix. Maybe it's the lychee note, something else, or some combination. Hard to put a finger on it exactly. It's not a candy floss or pungent fruit sweetness, rather it's the linear type sweet of aspartame or other artificial sweetener. Add some body heat and there's cloying risk that can be downright suffocating despite the pleasant smell - been there, done that with this.

Does a wise man fit the scent to his ways or does he adjust his ways to fit the scent? I have some thoughts but, regardless, I'm rather sure that a wise man loves smelling this one on his lady!
Jan 11, 2018

I picked up a bottle of this on my last visit to LA, and once again proved the old adage of "never buy on the strength of reviews". L'Homme Sage ("Wise Man") gets rave reviews all over, but I'm mystified as to why.

It opens with a herbacious saffron and cardamom note; the smallest hint of mandarin is in the mix too but I don't detect any of the lychee that people speak about. The base is a standard and rather insipid woody incense. It turns a bit powdery on my skin and I really don't like powdery fragrances.

For me, a fragrance must delight, intrigue or lift the senses. I find L'Homme Sage to be rather mediocre. It's an interesting experiment and it's okay on a soft autumn afternoon but I shan't be wearing this often.
Jun 22, 2015

Unisex, slightly powdery and sort of soapy (not in a bad way). Projection and longevity are above average. A floral patchouli blend with a light wood in the background. Decent fragrance, but I think I would get tired of it. Seems more feminine to me. Overall a well done fragrance. 7.5/10
Jan 3, 2015

So good one might, blind-folded, have thought it a Guerlain.

It begins its "spicy woody" Turin designation with resins, wood and spice, so well blended, that one is reminded of Heritage. There is a warmth here and a very slight undercurrent of a sweetness that must be the lychee.

Turin's three stars seems unfair. This is a four star (out of five) scent that is one of the best masculines on the market.
May 13, 2014

Rich, round, unmistakable opening with a really tight and complex texture. Basically a fruity, spicy, kind of gloomy blend, with a subtle but still bold accord of earthy oak moss and patchouli, which underline and support the raw, shady side of the scent, while the more prominent flower notes and the aromatic woods create a superb, unique, slightly boozy tea-like aroma melting with the wonderful, fruity-spiced accord of saffron, mandarin and pungent fruits (Vasnier used litchee notes and I trust that, although I only detect a pungent, syrupy, fresh fruit note that can actually be anything). Miles down you can feel the solid base of styrax and cistus, which kind of "shape" the scent with a masculine uplifting touch, giving it a slight unique fougère personality. Words fail a bit here, basing on my description this may sound messy and super-rich, while in fact it's really simple and wearable, just really compact, consistent, harmonic and tightly-packed – like looking a perfectly-formed thingy through a microscope lens, you then realize it's made of billions of (whatever it's made of). Highly wearable, with a perfect persistence and sillage, a real (and sadly, apparently much underrated) total marvel.

Apr 16, 2014

Show more reviews of L'Homme Sage...

Add your review of L'Homme Sage