L'Homme Idéal Eau de Toilette

About L'Homme Idéal Eau de Toilette by Guerlain

Guerlain
Thierry Wasser

Guerlain say:

The ideal man is a myth. His fragrance, a reality. Guerlain decodes men’s aspirations and creates for them a concentrate of ideal.

The ideal fragrance? Smart, handsome, strong. Three adjectives, three accords for this fresh woody fragrance that will trigger your full potential.

The fragrance was launched in 2014, and created by perfumer Thierry Wasser

Where to buy L'Homme Idéal Eau de Toilette

Reviews of L'Homme Idéal Eau de Toilette by Guerlain

There are 52 reviews of L'Homme Idéal Eau de Toilette by Guerlain.

I find this to have the most ambroxan out of the line. that's what I like about it.
Feb 11, 2021

It's another nice but stereotyped male fragrance.
Apr 2, 2020

I was really excited to try this one. From looking at the notes it really seemed up my alley. Amaretto is one of my favorite liqueurs and tonka is always great. But this was really a disappointment. The opening really does nothing for me at all. It's simultaneously sharp and powdery in an unpleasant way. It comes off strangely floral and almost feels like an old woman's perfume.

After 30 to 60min as those notes start to die down I get to notice the almond and a tonka a bit more. But after such a sharp opening it's actually hard to appreciate them, like my nose has gone numb to it. Maybe if I could skip right to the drydown this would be wearable. But, I can't stand the opening enough to try this again.
Jun 22, 2019

My first thought when I sprayed this was that it was reminiscent of Valentino Uomo Intense. Sweetness with a bite that I guess comes from the biter almond and citrus. Tonka citrus leather, is the order I'd go here. Something hints at powderyness without fully committing to it. The more I wear it, the more I like it. At first I considered it a bit too sweet, but as the woody base becomes a bit more prominent in the heart it is quite nice. When the citrus burns off it unmasks the cedarish fake wood smell. This adds a bit of a nose twinge to the tonka to round this flavor out a bit more. The vetiver in the base also gives it a bit of a dryness that I enjoy. A bit more casual than the EDP. Sweet and contemporary, with a classy Guerlain drydown. Thumbs up.
Feb 20, 2019

A Bakewell tart is an English confection consisting of a shortcrust pastry shell beneath layers of jam, frangipane, and a topping of flaked almonds. With a glacé cherry on top.

Ideal?
Quite tasty with Tea for two ...

Good longevity on my skin 7 hours
Common dry down like most designers
Post 2010

Jan 24, 2019

Show more reviews of L'Homme Idéal Eau de Toilette...

Add your review of L'Homme Idéal Eau de Toilette