L'Heure Bleue Eau de Parfum

L'Heure Bleue Eau de Parfum by Guerlain

About L'Heure Bleue Eau de Parfum by Guerlain

Guerlain
Raymond Guerlain

L'Heure Bleue Eau de Parfum is a feminine perfume by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 1912 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Guerlain. The bottle was designed by Raymond Guerlain.

Where to buy L'Heure Bleue Eau de Parfum

Reviews of L'Heure Bleue Eau de Parfum by Guerlain

There are 157 reviews of L'Heure Bleue Eau de Parfum by Guerlain.

And you can send me dead flowers every morning

Send me dead flowers by the mail

Send me dead flowers to my wedding

This scent is all about the evocative powers of dead flowers...to me!

In my possession is a 2002 batch (MEQXR) and from the very opening, it is everything I hoped to experience and more (I can only imagine the beauty of a well-preserved older vintage).

There's a radiant kaleidescope of cherry-pie-play-doh heliotrope, anisaldehyde-heavy aniseed, parma violets, spicy carnation, and cool and watery iris. Its a confluence of several favorite notes, and it is utterly BLISSFUL.

It smells of crepuscule, bittersweet and uncertain, but of a profound beauty. As time passes, it becomes more impressionistic, almost phantasmagorical, as if it follows into the night, unabated but mutating into woods, benzoin, and vanilla. Hours pass, and the legendary Guerlainade base remains, eventually whispering.

One of the few fragrances that is profoundly personal. I wear this at night, mostly for myself or for meaningful company. I don't think the world that is ageist and obsessed with what's de rigueur can really understand L'Heure Bleue, so why cast pearls before swine?

One part orange blossom, one part spicy carnation, one part violet. Throw in some heliotrope, some anise and other spices, and you have this remarkable, edible masterpiece.

I have not tried this in some years. I have a fluted EDC bottle, and an EDP from the "striped" gold box. I prefer the Cologne for its less-intense approach.

Women have worn this their entire lives, and it makes perfect sense why. It's all downhill after this.

The Bergamot and lemon start bright and fresh, with a bit of neroli adding a warm glow. So far, so good. This is counterbalanced by a darker and spicier - albeit restrainedly so - side, based on the triad of sage, coriander and anise; the latter is a hallmark god the L'heure bleue family. The balance of citrus fruit vs the fresh fruit is beautiful and the lovely equilibrium.

The drydown brings us the Bulgarian rose, with a green and leafy undertone with the woodsiness of the stem als me represented. A jasmine of a traditional make combines with iris and a dark orchid impression to a floral bouquet that fluctuates between darker and brighter, between sweet and a darkish green vibe. Gradually the more herbal and leafy aroma thickens and takes in a more creamy sweetness, to which a soft heliotrope as well as a smooth ylang-ylang contribute on an equal basis. A slightly raspier violet, with a slightly indolic benzoin component as well as whiffs of a tuberose, works very well together with the other florals, especially the rose.

The base is what has become a template for many other fragrances over the next 100 years after its release in 1912. Tonka and bean vanilla, underlines with a good lashing of woodsiness - cedar and a touch of sandalwood - is a familiar pattern nowadays, as is the light musky garnishing that round off the base. A vetiver that arises towards the end is quite restrained on me, but its earthiness shines though until the finish.

I get moderate sillage, excellent projection and a superb fourteen hours of longevity on my skin.

This rich and complex scent for spring evenings is one of the versions of this classic composition, whose floral power exudes confidence and voluptuous elegance. Whilst a bit thick at times, it nonetheless is setting a precedent in perfumery for the next many decades. 3.75/5.

Day's clear light fades in
to Night's cool dark eye static
Electricity

Textured iris by
Any means necessary
As the mind's eye blinks

"But Flower Puff Girls,
You say I make you tingle
Like it's a bad thing!"

Said Snow Blow Glow Go
As night descends upon the
City of Townsville

One more story time
Our olfractured fairy tales
Good, bad and pretty

This precious ado
That never quite turns vintage
Cuz there's a n00b born

Ev'ry frag minute
Ready to behold the truth
None of this is real

What ever that is
And yet we're so good at it
That would be our crime

Ask your self again:
"When does it make you feel, child?"
"Twilight!" "Good answer!"

Smells like a poof of Johnson & Johnson baby powder. I had a hard time smelling anything else from it for about an hour. I also had to look up the notes to pinpoint the coriander. It is a little coriander under a big fat floral. It is quite beautiful, and indeed has a blue twilight feel. Kind of melancholy. Powdery and soft. Performance was good. Seemed aggressively soft. Im going thumbs up here. It is not meant for me, but this fragrance is really nice. Doesnt seem all that dated to me.

Show more reviews of L'Heure Bleue Eau de Parfum...

Add your review of L'Heure Bleue Eau de Parfum