Les Heures de Parfum - IV L'Heure Fougueuse

About Les Heures de Parfum - IV L'Heure Fougueuse by Cartier

Cartier

Part of the collection Les Heures du Parfum

Reviews of Les Heures de Parfum - IV L'Heure Fougueuse by Cartier

Great bucolic experience sealed in a niche bottle!

Cartier's L'Heure Fougueuse has a well-formulated feel of being outdoors in the countryside. I believe the inclusion of vetiver and oakmoss recreate a hay-like element that is so beautifully farmlike. Mate is a deep, earthy tea experience that adds an additional bit of interest (as several have said, like drinking tea in a field!). And the horse mane note is a nice musky addition reinforcing it all.

Mathilde Laurent is to be congratulated for making this imaginative fragrance, a solid entry into Cartier's "Les Heures de Parfum" haute collection.

Dec 3, 2018

Green, hay, slightly animalic. This is absolutely gorgeous! Best in spring/fall. I brought it with me on a trip to Scotland, where it smelled just like the countryside (full of green stuff, sheep, and hay). I've used up my 5mL sample, and am not sure I can possibly afford a full bottle (the major drawback is the cost of this scent), but I will look for another sample.
Aug 13, 2018

After spending what I would consider adequate time, I am still not convinced by IV L'Heure Fougueuse. I think of it as an aromatic 'nu-gere', where the fougere structure is altered by adding a big dose of a green tea note. It actually smells much closer to yerba mate than tea. Compared to Villoresi's creation, the Cartier is more rounded and harmonious. The development leads to a dry down of soothing musk and a touch of hay. While I enjoy the composition, it is too subdued on my skin to sustain any interest. Yes, it is unique, distinctive and impeccably elegant, but unfortunately barely discernible.

Oct 2, 2017

The scent of a lifetime.a very well blended aromatic-herbal with a soft touch of animalic note.it mixes freshness and warmth with unusual character.the scent is not strong and rich but making a statement.Green,
Sensual,Elegant,Unisex,Woody,Strange and Sophisticated.

The citrus,magnolia and lavender subtly fade into a sensuous richness of oakmoss,musk,leather and vetiver that brings pleasure and desire to both men and women.you would wear it to work,at home or even to dinner.the aroma is as sensual as it is refined.

Sillage?Ok.

Longevity?Very Good on my skin.

7.25/10
Jul 3, 2016

unique hay and teaMaybe I've gotten too used to the flamboyant nature of some of the tobacco and leather scents that I love because I am having to rearrange my thinking to appreciate this. Or maybe the fact that I grew up on a farm makes me less astounded by its oddly familiar (to me) notes. I do love its utterly unisex approach and the fact that it smells as if you have just walked through a field of freshly harvested hay while cradling a cooling cup of tea. Truthfully, what other scent smells like this? Perhaps though, these are just not the precise odors that I want to smell of, or perhaps, my expectations (of an equine-smelling nature) were simply too high. Either way, I can admire this most unusual and evocative of fragrances without wanting to wear it. I would love to smell this hay+tea scent on someone utterly urban and urbane because the dissonance would be enchanting. Utterly unique (and utterly not me). *I actually find Goutal's Duel to be somewhat more interesting that this. Utter blasphemy, I know.Pros: utterly naturalCons: subdued"
Oct 12, 2013

Masterpiece Fougueuse interests me because I am a Sagittarian - half man and half horse. Fougueuse is a highly unique and unusual scent - hay ,clean horse's mane , the outside air. It feels personal , familiar ...something I have smelt before ..almost subconscious but I have never smelt it in a perfume. Fougueuse is dynamic. The animalic vibe here smells like good warm skin not freshly washed but warmed by skin oils. Excellent. Pros: uniqueCons: expensive"
Aug 2, 2013

Show more reviews of Les Heures de Parfum - IV L'Heure Fougueuse ...

Add your review of Les Heures de Parfum - IV L'Heure Fougueuse