Legend

Montblanc

Legend is a men's fragrance launched in 2011 by Montblanc

Where to buy Legend

Reviews of Legend by Montblanc

There are 50 reviews of Legend by Montblanc.

Montblanc Legend is a reliable, comfortably familiar scent that is easy to wear and suitable for almost any social setting. The opening is nice, if not a bit synthetic, with sandalwood, citrus and moss notes giving a nice fresh accord. As the fragrance settles it leaves pleasant tonka and lavender notes and, behind it all are some fruity notes. Legend is not a standout, spectacular fragrance, but it is a decent everyday scent that works well in the office, at school or as something to spray on to run some errands. For occasions where you want to smell reasonable but not necessarily attract attention. On my skin Legend lasts all day with mild to moderate projection. At this price point there are certainly more interesting options available, however Montblanc Legend still holds it's own for what it is. If you want something that smells acceptable and lasts all day then this is it.

rockin 90s/2000s style. i like the way it wears. all day longevity. like the way it smells. this is my jam. never was a ambercrombie guy, and never owned that, but after years of avoiding this, it was without merit. solid fragrance.

Frag for frag's sake.

Not sure about the Chanel and Drakkar Noir comparisons but I get Yardley Chrome, Only the Brave, Y by YSL, probably many more.

Too familiar to be added to my collection.

Lightly floral and crisp, I get a little hint of Irish Spring soap or Ivory soap in there, or as my husband says 'you know, those manly soaps and shower gels'. Very clean and very inoffensive. Rose and lavender hang in the background but pop up from time to time.

I find nothing wrong with it, but nothing spectacular either. Good blind buy choice for a gift.

Zealot Crusaders review was educating, entertaining and honestly quite definitive. While I can't add anything informative, I hope my anecdotal experience is useful:

I fit the last of Gen X/elder millennial demographic to a tee... and yes, this was a scent I found immediately suitable and pleasing as soon as I sampled it. This was a regular dumb grab for the office in most seasons. Versatile, inoffensive and gets more compliments than one would expect for the price point, especially from ladies in their twenties.

Even to my novice nostrils, this wasn't something I thought of as complex or packed with quality ingredients, there's definitely numerous synthetic notes that are immediately obvious.

There are more interesting and original offerings at this price point... but very few perform as reliably as Legend at their intended purpose. Given that this is regularly compared to Parfums de Marly's Percival and is significantly cheaper (and arrived on the market before Percival), I honestly find it hard not to recommend it. Thumbs up.

Bergamot greets me in the opening, mixed with a calone-infused fruitiness, Iso E and some verbena also present. This set of top notes emanates a pleasant brightness.

The drydown sees the calone increase importance, and the fruitiness is enhanced by notes of apple - the pomerosa is mainly to blame for that - and geranium, whilst the evernyl is attempting to instil a mossy undertone, or a parody of oakmoss to be precise.

The base adds some more sweetness courtesy of a good sirs if vanilla, and the whole is drenched in a nonspecific woodsiness as is food so commonly these days.

I get moderate sillage, very good projection and six hours of longevity on my skin.

This spring scent sports a pleasant and bright opening that is followed by stages in increasingly predictable and vague developments. This is mainly due to the overly generic and overly synthetic nature of this product. It is not bad, but neither enticing not convincing, although is has moments of originality included in its development.
Overall 2.75/5.

Show more reviews of Legend ...

Add your review of Legend