L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Intense

About L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Intense by Issey Miyake

Issey Miyake

Where to buy L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Intense

Reviews of L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Intense by Issey Miyake

There are 64 reviews of L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Intense by Issey Miyake.

The opening is a citrus blast, with mandarin, tangerine, orange and bergamot combining in citrus glory. A bit of yuzu is peaking rim through now and then, but is lacks the gorgeously refreshing brightness of the original L’Eau d’Issey.

The drydown adds florals - Lotus and whiffs of oleander - as well as gentle spices - cardamom and nutmeg, which are restrained though, and a spiced-up saffron that is being infused some sweetness due to a smidgeon of cinnamon.

An ambery bright incense heralds the onset of the base; whose main impression is constituted of notes of old paper, dusty books in an old library, and papyrus, with another set of notes being added towards the end - mainly a surprisingly soft benzoin, with is given more depth by just a pinch of a saltiness that is the hallmark of a synthetic ambergris-equivalent.

I get moderate sillage, good projection and six hours of longevity on my skin.

A bright and summery scent, but this flanker is less vibrant and overall more generic than the original. Still, a pleasant and inoffensive creation for warmer days. 2.75/5
Aug 17, 2020

this is definetely a scent for the c o l d seasons - it has almost nothing in common with the original and quite unique l'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme, which in my opinion is a perfect summer night scent

this one lives from green cedar needles and wood, green tangerine, saffron, a hint of tobacco and musk - I quite like it for the cold and grey weather during fall

.green spicy warmth.

Dec 7, 2019

Bold turbocharged retake of the original L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme. This Intense version doesn't come across as dark per se; rather a richer, deeper formulation with the following notes in the triangle:

Top - tangerine, yuzu, bergamot, orange
Heart - nutmeg, blue lotus, cinnamon, saffron, cardamom
Base - amber, papyrus, benzoin, incense, grey ambergris

As can be imagined, the introductory spray is a citrus face smack! The yuzu comes across as starchy-thick. Heart notes contain a similar formula of ingredients as with the original, along with fancy lotus (can't detect it because I don't know what it smells like) and cardamom for a mentholated touch.

This flanker may not be for everyone; it has a thick feel that is unlike the airy, aromatic fresh quality of the original.
Sep 11, 2018

Peppery, fresh and clean but too much bitterness, not enough sweet-citrus for me to enjoy in the beginning. Maybe I'm just wishing it was more like the non-intense version, which I do like very much.

Feels like a dressed up version of the original, as if Intense was what you wear to formal events. More green and bitter, less citrusy sweet.

The drydown is very nice. Sweeter but still plenty of clean freshness. This does smell more like the original. Also, better longevity than the original. Does not project as well as the original, low projection throughout on my skin.
Jun 16, 2018

All I can say is this fragrance is right up my alley and just the way I like my fragrances, bold and outstanding.To my nose this is definitely a jacked-up version of the original but with an undertone of a familiar note from Armani Code.
Jan 29, 2016

This is some strong stuff. Nothing like the original to me. Starts to get into 80's powerhouse territory for me. Almost too intense for the first hour, however the drydown is very nice. Not a work cologne to me, this would be a Sunday afternoon chillin by yourself scent... Probably not full bottle worthy.
Aug 25, 2015

Show more reviews of L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Intense...

Add your review of L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Intense