Le Mimosa

Annick Goutal
Isabelle Doyen

Where to buy Le Mimosa

Reviews of Le Mimosa by Annick Goutal

There are 3 reviews of Le Mimosa by Annick Goutal.

The opening starts delightfully with a fairly good rendition of a mimosa, a natural and pure mimosa - but this is a brief pleasure only. Soon there are other olfactory colleagues barging in: a - medium ripe- peach impression that is enhance led by transient whiffs of frangipani, with an underlying but quite faint green herbal touch.

Further down the track I get an anise impression with an iris intermingled with it , and towards the and an array of white musks with an accompanying nonspecific woodsiness that lasts until the end.

I get moderate sillage, very good projection and ten hours of longevity on my skin.

Apart from the first moments, where hope for a nice mimosa-based experience arises, this spring scent soon declares itself as a concoction of synthetic and mostly rather generic ingredient; most evidently in the second half of its development. In its favour it must be said that its sweetness is quite agreeable and never cloying or heavy, in the same way as this is more a light than a heavy creation overall.
Not bad but not more that middle-of-the-road really. An opportunity missed. 2.75/5.
Nov 12, 2019

Goutal: Le Mimosa

I find that a number of so-called “mimosa” scents these days are based not on the flower, but on the cocktail, emphasizing a fizzy orange to suggest the combination of orange juice and champagne. That is what I am finding with Goutal’s Le Mimosa.

I am experiencing a combination of peachy orange with an undercurrent of cumin, none of which seems at all natural, but indeed quite chemical in origin. Of the six notes listed I experience not a one, especially not the mimosa flower absolute that is promised.

As such, it is a disappointment. Other mimosa scents I’ve tried, the Tuvache and the Bourbon French in particular, also fail to deliver, giving off a very herbal peppermint vibe with only a hint of the mimosa flower peeking through at the tail end of the experience.

I fear I must continue looking. I fell in love with the scent as it is used in the Claus Porto soap years ago, but have yet to find a perfume that does the flower justice.
Aug 24, 2019

The opening stage of Le Mimosa is the most floral moment throughout the whole development. I can smell the powdery iris. Regarding to mimosa, I'm not familiar. Thus I'm not sure.

Then comes the sweet and slightly ripen peach, and it soon becomes the leading role. At this stage, Le Mimosa is more like a peach fragrance balanced by floral notes. The sweetness is delicate, and the whole scent feels casual and carefree. After 4 hours it then turns into a gentle sandalwood and musk trail with a hint of sweetness, and last for another 4 hours.

The sillage of Le Mimosa is soft. It actually is a comforting peachy floral fragrance and easy to appreciate. I like it, but am not motivated to purchase a full bottle.
Dec 29, 2018