Lavande Royale

About Lavande Royale by Roger & Gallet

Roger & Gallet

Reorchestrated in 1991

Reviews of Lavande Royale by Roger & Gallet

There are 6 reviews of Lavande Royale by Roger & Gallet.

A nice traditional lavenderFrom a vintage EdT sample:The lavender in the opening is beautiful and balanced; really nice. A touch of orange is also present. After about thirty minutes it changes quite dramatically to a mildly spicy wood/musk scent, but interestingly after another half hour the lavender re-emerges in a deeper and slightly darker form that lasts until the end, fading out over time and close to my skin at the end. Silage and projection are adequate, longevity acceptable - over three hours.
Jul 14, 2013

I agree with awesomeness...this is all man, and not really feminine, but it can be unisex. I scored 2 bottles of the 6.8ox on eBay and I have been in love since. My first impression of it was terrible: thick dusty, sneezy. But I have come to love it. It really needs time and the right atmosphere to rock it. I layer it a lot...almost daily. It has successfully pulled me head on into the Eau De Cologne craze. Definitely worth a try, if you have time to allow it to be what it is: a fantastic EdC that doesn't start out that way.
Aug 12, 2011

A very nice fragrance from Roger et Gallet. Be sure and use the EDC (spectacular!) and not the EDT (too heavy!) which is what I suspect some of the folks with negative comments here may have tried. Unlike the sweet compound lavender of L'Occitane that adds marigold and peach making it impossible for a man to wear this is essential lavender at its best. Raw, light and bracing. No, it doesn't last forever but R&G eau de colognes aren't supposed to send people running from the room. If you like a basic lavender cologne, this one is hot!
Jan 25, 2009

Is THIS something? Sorry, what? Can't figure out nothing... And I bought it blind (and left nose at home...) expecting to find some classic-old-good stuf...! Nonsense. Gonna give it to my mother-in-law (84yo)... expecting she already lost her nose !
Nov 20, 2008

This is a lavender fragrance of eau de cologne strength... As a straight forward lavender scent, it should present a more impressive lavender note: the one presented is rather lifeless and bland. It's not a bad version, but it simply should have a little more character. The main note comes off as lacking in nuance and delicacy. Lavande Royale also lacks longevity... I mean it is even shorter lasting than the typical citrus splash cologne. While the lavender note lasts, the sillage is quite good.

This is not a terrible fragrance, it just could have much more going for it than its very reasonable price. I am an avid fan of several of the Roger & Gallet light colognes - ginger, vetiver, and Jean Marie Farina - but this one doesn't work for me. For someone who wants a superior light lavender cologne, I would recommend Cauldey Island Lavender.
Aug 23, 2008

I love the smell of lavender, especially fresh lavender. Lavande Royale has none of that. This reminds me of the Jimi Hendrix song, “Purple Haze.” This is a dense, thick cloud of scent; it is the fragrance equivalent of Jimi's cascading cloud of notes. If a man may express an opinion on a women's fragrance, I'd suggest lavender lovers need to keep looking. R&G has some lovely scents, I don't think this is one of them.
Mar 6, 2007