Lann-Aël

Overall

About Lann-Aël by Lostmarc'h

Lostmarc'h

Reviews of Lann-Aël by Lostmarc'h

There are 13 reviews of Lann-Aël by Lostmarc'h.

Genre: Oriental

Weird stuff, this. It’s cookie dough. Lemon sugar cookie dough, to be precise. It’s sweet, soft, and fuzzy, with plenty of vanilla and a candied citrus note that smells an awful lot like McCormick’s lemon extract. The composition has a flat quality about it, probably because there’s very little that's spicy or tart to cut the powdered sugar texture. Between the relatively one-dimensional vanilla and the decidedly artificial citrus note, the composition also comes off as cheap and incomplete: more like something you’d spray around a house for sale to make it smell “homey” than a personal fragrance. It might have made a good candle.
Jun 19, 2014

This is all about sweet, creamy, milky vanilla. It smells like a kitchen after baking, it smells like a few Yankee candles I've smelled, and it doesn't stray too far from that all the way through. If you like your vanilla on the sweet and comforting side, this one could work for you. Curl up with a good book on a cold night, and then enjoy the comfort of the drydown when you drift off to sleep at night.

It only gets a neutral rating from me because I just wouldn't wear this one out of the house, and I would have to be in the right mood for it. But the neutral is certainly not because it doesn't smell good - it does! It's maybe just a tad too sweet for me. Bedtime or book - that's where this one could shine for a lot of people.
Oct 6, 2011

Well, I usually can't wear sweet/vanilla scents because I make them sickening sweet. However, this sweet scent is done better - sweet not cloying, vanilla-ey not suffocating.However, It is S W E E T !The first note smells like sugared almonds. As it warms, the very distinctive cream scent appeared. Milk & honey is balanced with something that reminds me of crisp apples and some other spicy and/or earthy tone I can't put my finger on. It is so subtle all I can detect is that something is balancing the sweetness just a bit. Overall, it is one of the few sweet fragrances that doesn't make me feel like I am fighting to the death with an orchid flower akin to Audrey Jr!That being said, I would just never wear this out... It smells like sugar cookies and a glass of milk. Nice enough, but waaay too sweet and not enough depth or spiciness. The only time I could even imagining wearing a scent like this would be to seduce Santa Claus!
Jul 29, 2010

Really like this pancakes and maple syrup scent. Charming and joyful. Wears very close to the skin. Cheerios in a bottle with airy notes of apple and chai latte. Like molten sun pouring through a window onto a messy breakfast table, just lovely. I wear it to bed as well. Bought it especially for that. Normally I wear Hypnotic Poison to bed, but sometimes, when I'm feeling a little fragile, a little sad, I crave somethng soothingly beige; Lann Ael is perfect.
Apr 14, 2010

Lostmarc'h Lann-AelLostmarc'h is a perfume house located in Brittany in France. Lostmarc'h refers to the last beach in continental Europe. Lann-Ael translates to Angel Heath in Breton. This scent has been compared to a bowl of cereal with milk for the skin. With a note list of buckwheat, cereals, milk, apple and vanilla you can see where this comparison comes from. From the top for me I get the milk note but also a lot of vanilla and the apples are there but quite muted. Because I was in a cereal frame of mind when putting this on I found the comparison cereal to be Cap'n Crunch. This smells like I remember my bowl of Cap'n Crunch smelling after I had eaten all the cereal and there was a little milk left in the bottom of the bowl. What you smell at the top pretty much sticks around for quite a few hours as it develops it becomes creamier as the vanilla takes more of a central role. This is a really unique smelling scent that lasts quite a while on me. I can see wearing this to bed and having sweet dreams of my childhood.
Mar 28, 2009

There are a lot of milk-vanilla frangrances but that was the only I wanted to buy. I feel very cosy in it. It reminds me about my childhood and bear-cakes that my mother seeped into the milk for my breakfast. It was sweet, very sweet and milky. And that's all. It's not the masterpiece, but a very good thing.
Mar 17, 2009

Show more reviews of Lann-Aël...

Add your review of Lann-Aël