L'Animal Sauvage

About L'Animal Sauvage by Marlou

Marlou

L'Animal Sauvage is a shared scent launched in 2017 by Marlou

Reviews of L'Animal Sauvage by Marlou

There are 4 reviews of L'Animal Sauvage by Marlou.

L'Animal Sauvage introduces itself with fluttering eyelashes of a powdered, creamy floral accord. But this combination of violet and orange blossom is just a facade for the true personality of this perfume. Within a few minutes i find myself wondering how this pretty opening turned into this still pretty, but quite slutty perfume.

The first sense of “animal” i get is what I can only describe as powdered fur. Some nondescript mammal that someone has sprayed with Shalimar or some other scent of that ilk. Following this stage, the imagery i get from this perfume is more realistic yet no less bizarre.

The first time someone smelled this on me, their immediate response was that this smelled exactly like the décolletage powder their mother used to wear on fancy dressed-up occasions. It is clear that stuff had some smell. But as happens often with me, this suggested imagery has screwed itself securely to the inside of my brain, and I can't shake it out or imagine it as anything else now. I had a chain smoking, heavily made-up, middle-age aunt as a child in the 70s. Most of the time, this perfume reminds me of her – after she had sprayed some cheap perfume over herself to cover up the smell of the man she had just slept with.

I know I am not making this sound attractive so far but really, this is one of those perfumes that is much better to smell than to imagine. L'Animal Sauvage doesn't really develop a hell of a lot from the “whore's bath” stage onwards, but there is a sumptuously blended musk and civet combination that takes centre stage. The tang of the civet like the glowing outline of sun behind the musky beige clouds. Finally deep into the dry down, the musk fog lands softly on a creamy wood base. It is at this point that L'Animal Sauvage spreads its warm hands over your cheeks and through your hair, while it breathes its warm breath on your face.

If you love this type of soft, but still animalic musk with average to soft projection, and between 6 – 8 hours longevity.

Pretty musk, with slight early barnyard. That calmed to musk with a hint of wood and civet maybe? Nice smelling, but not superlative in any way. Very nice musk, people saying mkk light are not that far off. Softer, nicer. Or a slightly edgier Kiehls. I could see wearing this a lot.

This is some good stuff and the price is right. I hate it when I see someone saying a frag is an affordable version of a more expensive frag - it makes it feel cheaper and puts me off of that frag. No, this is not an MKK replacement, no it's not a cheaper alternative to MKK. I have MKK and ordered a bottle of L'animal Sauvage as well. They are not redundant - especially if you're an animalic/musk lover. You know how MKK has that intense fuzziness to it, with a touch of halitosis? Tone the fuzziness way down, and maybe that halitosis (bad breath) smell, and add HONEY to it! It's good stuff. It's cuddly and yummy.

If you've tried d'Ambiguite by Marlou and found that wayyy too much, then don't worry - L'animal Sauvage is nowhere near as challenging as that one.

To reiterate - this stands on its own and is NOT just a 'tamed down MKK'. This has an added element of honey/sweetness, and it's awesome.

Simply beautiful! A soft, well-rounded, and delicious animalic fragrance that speaks gently and carries its warmth and fur on little padded feet. Plus, it is blended so gorgeously that I cannot even separate out the individual notes. If pressed for an analogy, I would say that L'animal is something like the smiling, dimpled lovechild of Muscs Koublai Khan and Helmut Lang EDP (wearing a slightly damp diaper!).

Edit: after wearing this for several months, I find that the dry down contains a note or group of notes that bothers me a bit. I cannot figure out what the offender is here since the only notes listed--orange blossom, violet, sandalwood, patchouli, civet, musk--are all ones that I love, either singly or combined. I'm guessing there must be some synthetic fixative (or something) involved that rubs me the wrong way as the hours go by and the top notes drift away. YMMV.

Add your review of L'Animal Sauvage

furrypine More

Members who own L'Animal Sauvage

Duchess Potato Andy the frenchy Zzarkkrx Mick B PStoller incesscent ajmc RosieJ yarn Garçonne More