Labdanum 18 / Ciste 18

Le Labo
Maurice Roucel

Labdanum 18 / Ciste 18 is a shared scent launched in 2006 by Le Labo

Reviews of Labdanum 18 / Ciste 18 by Le Labo

There are 43 reviews of Labdanum 18 / Ciste 18 by Le Labo.

A somewhat classic-masculine-barbershopesque feel, highlighted by a mildly animalic, slightly sweet, dark, powdery, spicy resinous trail. This shares some similarities to Musc Ravageur however I find this scent takes the win.

Basically Musc Ravageur lite, but more expensive. I know what I'd rather spend my money on...
Still, I like it. It stays very close to the skin and is more animalic than MR in my opinion. Worth sampling, but maybe not fbw.

A much more refined version of Musc Ravageur or a slightly tamed update of Shalimar. Either way, I prefer it to either of those and to Helmut Lang EDP as well. This is a scent that will accompany you softly, instead of wearing you or wearing you out. This musky lovely is the platonic ideal of a skin scent, something that others may notice only if they invade your personal space and even then, perhaps not recognizably as "perfume." I am easily irritated by fragrances that stand out sharply and announce themselves to the all and sundry, plus, I am enamored of Labdanum 18's slightly "furry" and animalic nature. This is one to sample if you enjoy scents like Bal a Versailles and other powdery musks (of which there are all too few).

You're a baby. Yeah, you're a baby and helplessly covered in baby powder, and for some reason the family cat keeps wanting to mark you as part of her litter or as part of her territory (or something like that). You find it hard to breathe, almost constantly, and your mom, who smells of vanilla body lotion and hand soap, has no idea. The powder follows you wherever you're carried. Your existence is suffocating. Labdanum 18 by Le Labo.

This is a vanilla. It dances to the tune of Shalimar, as well-noted before. Labdanum 18 carries a similar dough-ee facet and I get a very appealing castoreum note thumping throughout (provided you're allowed intimate proximity to the wearer!).

Like Shalimar, this type scent is perfect on a lady. I prefer a more masculine overall feel, however, when I reach for an oriental. Say like with Heritage (cedar), Third Man (carnation / lavender), Opium pH (resin / spice / dark fruit) and Musc Ravageur (clove / musk). Personal idiosyncrasies for sure.

Too fem for me but I've gotta say, one of the best smelling, quality scents from this house. A great gift to give... and, yes, as is Shalimar.

A final thought: perhaps fans of Amouage Gold pH would like LeLabo 18?

Hardly anything to do with labdanum.

Basically a musk with woody-sweet touches, vanilla and the minutest traces of some animalic notes. At times it smells like baby powder to me.

In fact, I find this to be almost identical what would be a 40% concentration of Musc Ravageur.

Also, extremely weak. Impossible to believe that it's an oriental.

Next please.

Show more reviews of Labdanum 18 / Ciste 18...

Add your review of Labdanum 18 / Ciste 18