La Petite Robe Noire Eau de Parfum

La Petite Robe Noire Eau de Parfum by Guerlain

About La Petite Robe Noire Eau de Parfum by Guerlain

Guerlain
Thierry Wasser

La Petite Robe Noire Eau de Parfum is a women's perfume launched in 2012 by Guerlain

Where to buy La Petite Robe Noire Eau de Parfum

Reviews of La Petite Robe Noire Eau de Parfum by Guerlain

There are 23 reviews of La Petite Robe Noire Eau de Parfum by Guerlain.

Cherry was present from the outset, but muddied by the other fruits. Heart notes never appeared. Base notes displayed, faintly, after four hours. A synthetic, harshly-chemical, experience. Not a "scrubber" (ב"ה), but decidedly unpleasant. Thankfully, a 1ml sample, and not a bottle or larger-sized decant. I had high hopes for this, anticipating an enjoyable blend of rose and licorice (neither of which appeared). Undoubtedly, my skin/nose; YMMV.

I purchased this fragrance for one note that jumped out at me when I sampled it....licorice. I'd never had a perfume with licorice. It is such a unique smell in a perfume. I reach for this fragrance most often when it's cool outside. I think it's a fall/winter and night fragrance. I recommend this if you like the smell of licorice. I don't eat licorice but I like the smell of it.

The initial blast of La Petite Robe Noire is a very tart cherry scent, which distinguishes itself from other common sweet cherry fragrances. Licorice is also detectable at this very first stage of LPRN, which did make me think of Lolita Lempicka. However, while LL develops into a more powdery scent, LPRN evolves into another direction.

While the initial strong sour cherry mellows, red berries and almonds also come into the scene. Patchouli pops out here or there with a hint of earthiness, but in an understated way. Soon the scent transforms into a sort of candied rose, quite like LPRN EDT. While EDT is bright and sparkling with fresh crisp apple, EDP is just a little bit darker, richer, but nowhere near being gothic or femme fatale.

The final stage marks the return of cherry and its dance with vanilla, tonka and gentle licorice, smooth like a light cream, and slowly fades away.

The sillage is strong at first but soft during the drydown. The longevity is pretty good for around 10h. To me, LPRN is a playful and girly fragrance with good quality, not too complex to spoil the fun, but still with some depth preventing from being childish.

I like it, but still am skeptical for a full bottle purchase as personally I don't see myself wearing it too often. The price tag certainly doesn't help. I think it might sit on my 'want list' for quite a while.

My bottle is the 2017 limited edition with the fashion sketch art on the bottle.

The opening is very fruity and herbaceous, cherry, black fruits, and an herbal quality possibly the patchouli. On first spray it's almost cough syrup but in a nice way.

Then as it warms to the skin a pastry sort of almond, kind of like a baked cherry pie.

The drydown on my skin is rose kissed with vanilla.

This fragrance is good and I enjoy wearing it, to me it's very casual and friendly.

However it doesn't quite pack the punch in sillage and after a few hours it hovers very close to the skin.

Ack - these confusing flankers! At one point, this was sold as La Petit Robe Noire Ma Premiere Robe Eau De Parfum, but they dropped the "Ma Premiere Robe" part when they introduced a second perfume ALSO called La Petit Robe Noire Ma Premiere Robe later in 2016. I honestly don't believe that the marketing and naming team at Guerlain actually wants to sell these - it's like intentional sabotage....

So what does it smell like? Essentially, this is a rose/berry fruitchouli mixed with one of those violet/suede lipstick perfumes, grafted together by that mint from Florabotanica and every upscale fruity floral since. It's painfully obvious that this was created to try to mix together three of the biggest current trends in mainstream luxury perfumes, as if painstakingly combining three forms of "basic" would make for something innately crowdpleasing. To be fair, it's executed quite well (it's got good projection and longevity and the blending is perfect), but it just aims so low that it's really hard to get excited about it.

My first exposure to La Petite Robe Noire was a Guerlain miniatures order. The bottle of LPRN broke somehow during the shipment and the box, the wrapping paper - everything - smelled with LPRN. Obviously it had been saturating for a long while.

You know how when exploring your grandma's or parents house and they have this stuff sitting in boxes or away in a corner how it takes on some weird old peppery smell that you can't really identify except that it's something that has been stored and going stale and musty for a while? That is the exact undercurrent the predominates in La Petite Robe Noire as the top notes settle. Combine that with some Victoria's Secret or Bath and Body Works berry body lotion and that is what LPRN smells like. I have no desire to smell like it nor to smell it on others.

In fact, my husband bought me a bottle of this blind after my miniature bottle broke. I wore it once and he realized his mistake and I promptly tried to wash it off. I'll give it points for massive silage and longevity because I still smelled it on myself the next day after a shower. I brought it into work and (surprise surprise) no one wanted it and everyone complained about the 'weird cherry hand soap smell' in the office and it was dutifully banned.

Show more reviews of La Petite Robe Noire Eau de Parfum...

Add your review of La Petite Robe Noire Eau de Parfum

La Petite Robe Noire Eau de Parfum by Guerlain Perfume Ad Campaigns

tinfoilhatdude N bookwyrmsmith More

Members who own La Petite Robe Noire Eau de Parfum

L'homme vert V Evangeline faubel commando Syrrys al d. hyde Abbiss the non blonde Griff Ambergristanbul Loro Cyn noggs CoL Kiliwia distortech MissMagic Virtue&Sin More