La Nuit de L'Homme L'Intense
Yves Saint Laurent (2015)

Overall

La Nuit de L'Homme L'Intense by Yves Saint Laurent

About La Nuit de L'Homme L'Intense by Yves Saint Laurent

Yves Saint Laurent

La Nuit de L'Homme L'Intense is a men's fragrance launched in 2015 by Yves Saint Laurent

Where to buy La Nuit de L'Homme L'Intense

Reviews of La Nuit de L'Homme L'Intense by Yves Saint Laurent

There are 9 reviews of La Nuit de L'Homme L'Intense by Yves Saint Laurent.

How should I start this review?

I have no words strong enough, to emphasize how good and sexy this fragrance is.

It is kind of a blend out of two of the best fragrances I ever discovered:
YSL La Nuit de L'Homme, and Dior Homme.
I say Dior Homme, because, "L'Intense" is like the La Nuit DNA, but with a glowing Iris (Concrete) in the heart, and also patchouli.
Otherwise, it features tonkabean and vanilla, which give it a sweet, seductive and sensual vibe, like nothing else I smelled before.

It could remember you of "Dior Homme Parfum", but DHP ist to cloying and overwhelming to me, not so well balanced in a way, and not masculine enough. Also some Armani Code's feature a similar vibe, but are way more mainstream and even boring.

La Nuit de L'Homme L'Intense is perfectly balanced and remains strong, masculine and sensual, while being sweet and smooth at the same time. And it still manages to carry a bit of the La Nuit DNA, so it is a perfect addition if you rock La Nuit as signature, and want to wear something even more special to a Date, Family Event, or just in the cold weather / winter time.

The only downside to all of that is, that sadly Yves Saint Laurent decided to stop producing it, and replaced it with La Nuit de L'Homme "Eau de Parfum". EdP is not a bad scent, but the coco vibe I get from it all the time, is not my preferred taste.

So my honest advice is, lay your hands on a L'Intense bottle as long as you still can, as I am about to do now. :)

And thank me later ;)

This intense version is more mature than the previous flankers IMO. I like this one. Kind of reminds of the prive version of 1 million when it comes to richness and maturity without the bubblegum effect. 7/10

The smell is great and beautiful after a few minutes. At first spray you get all the initial notes but after the smoke settles...wow. Absolutely beautiful fragrance. It goes well with my skin.

I can best describe it as a date smell...a smell that is inviting and makes you seem trustworthy. It gives the impression that you are honest and passionate.

On the other hand, it can also make you smell like you like finer things in life.

I tried the other YSL fragrances and this one smells the smoothest and most luxurious after 10 minutes.

I give this a 10/10.

Well, I finally got around to getting a small bottle of 'La Nuit de L'Homme Intense', even though I really wanted a vintage bottle of the original 'La Nuit de L'Homme'. Thinking this would suffice, I grabbed this with no hesitation. And, well, I am very dissapointed. YSL's own 'Kouros' is infinitely better than this.

I was expecting a masterpiece similar to something like Paco Rabanne's 'Invictus', Dior's 'Sauvage', or even Chanel's 'Bleu de Chanel EDT', but this isn't even close. Definitely not a lady killer. Those other fragrances get me amazing compliments non stop, this gave me none. Zero. Not one.

The initial blast is off putting to me. Iris, violet, patchouli, matched to something called 'Orris Concrete'. Violet in a masculine fragrance is very hard to make appealing. Try Geoffrey Beene's 'Grey Flannel', one of the weirdest and most polarizing scents ever made. You will either like it, or absolutely hate it. I like 'Grey Flannel' for rainy days and cold weather, but most people hate the scent. Same story here.

As this carries on, I was waiting for the drydown and base to carry this one into the sexy territory I had heard so much about. Never came. I just sat there, walking around with zero compliments and I didn't even like the smell of it myself. Patchouli and tonka bean finish this off. Meh.

With a liberal dose of a dozen sprays (neck, chest, shoulders and wrists), I am getting 7-10+ hours of longevity depending on weather, with a couple days on clothes and fabrics. Projection and sillage is average, which for an EDP and the price this commands is unacceptable by my own standards.

The first few hours is good, the rest is very limited projection and skin scent territory. Sadly, though this lasts on clothes and skin, no one will smell you unless they bury their faces into where you sprayed this.

This would be a safe work scent or close quarters indoors or date night fragrance, but absolutely wouldn't work in outdoor, clubbing or nightlife situations. It just doesn't perform or project enough for that.

I have tried several YSL 'L'Homme' flankers, and the constant problem with them I see is being over hyped while seriously lacking in the performance category. This one is no exception to that. It smells well made, but performance and reactions just weren't there. Definitely a pass for me.

Spectacular perfume. Very good for the romantic winter nights. Causes great impact on women. Indispensable.

Not as nice or crowd-pleasing as the original, but a nice fragrance nonetheless.

Much softer, less sweet and way more powdery the La Nuit. More florals, but less spice.

Excellent longevity but the projection is just okay.

Show more reviews of La Nuit de L'Homme L'Intense...

Add your review of La Nuit de L'Homme L'Intense

Carboytony More

Members who own La Nuit de L'Homme L'Intense

P JBS1 NettyYeti ChuckW HFMIII W Syrrys Emrys mikkov26 My two scents T Lovescully Robes08 More