La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne
Yves Saint Laurent (2012)

Overall

La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent

About La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent

Yves Saint Laurent

La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne is a men's fragrance launched in 2012 by Yves Saint Laurent

Where to buy La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne

Reviews of La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent

There are 10 reviews of La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent.

I don't consider myself much of a fan of the YSL L'Homme line, and while La Nuit in particular seems to be one of the most beloved designer men's fragrances of late, it's not so remarkable to me, though I find it very agreeable.

The Frozen Cologne flanker, however, is comparably agreeable but is more provocative. Frozen Cologne features a bit of a sharper, more citrus-laden opening, with the added "frozen cocktail accord" that I liken most to a margarita but with less bitterness from tequila. The dry down is a little sharper (pepper) and more powdery (tonka) than La Nuit, as well. Overall, Frozen Cologne is just a little more interesting than the comparatively very safe La Nuit.

Frozen Cologne's performance is solid for an "eau de cologne"-concentrated fragrance, as well, seemingly stronger than many EDTs out there, even with the note composition being relatively light-leaning, especially toward the top.

Still, for me, Frozen Cologne is more of a "like" than a "love" though I'm glad to have a bottle to use sparingly in light of its discontinued status.

7 out of 10

I think original La Nuit is great, so I like Frozen Cologne just as much because they are very similar. Everyone keeps talking about a citrus opening but I'm getting cinnamon or cloves on top of the La Nuit DNA. After the opening, I can't tell a difference between the two.

Performance is average. Good projection for the first 2-3 hours and then it becomes a skin scent that smells great.

A brighter and more 'energetic' version of the already classic La Nuit, for those occasions when you don't want to wear something fancy or too elegant, but still want to smell good...and it really delivers in that area.
It also appears more 'natural' and for sure fresher than the original, and imo, this addition makes it more wearable and suitable for almost all year round.
Middle and base notes are still carrying La Nuit genes, but I find it less formal (sweet) and easier to wear. I own and love both versions for different occasions or moods. Longevity and sillage seems somehow milder but more than reasonable. My personal rank 8.6/10 ☣☣☣☣. Recommended.

Assuming that by frozen cocktail accord they mean gin and tonic with ice and lemon, its fair to say this is one juice that lives up to its fanciful note description.

The structure tries to balance coldness with an underlying dose of syrup which becomes more apparent as the gin & tonic and cardamom signature wears off.

Done in the regulation smoothly synthetic manner, Frozen Cologne arrives perky and sociable and seems designed to not offend anyone - unless they have a dislike of gungy sweet drydowns.

For the G&T effect to work at all, which is the sole reason for this flanker, I find it needs to be worn on clothes as it doesn't project from my skin.

There is little to recommend here, the G&T accord being fragile and the drydown banal, but overall I wouldn't call it bad, just gimmicky.

***

Lighter and more versatile than the original with a fresher citrus top note balancing quite well with woody and musk notes. Nothing too exciting though; about three hours longevity on me.

I don't like too much the original formula but have to admit that the frozen cocktail accord (plus lime) over the Cashmere woods, a dusty tonka and the aqueous vetiver is able in here to reduce that sticky synthetic sweet mark that plagues the original imprinting a more liquid, angular, lemony (sour) and dry substance that sounds less synthetic to my ears. An improvement of the original.

Show more reviews of La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne...

Add your review of La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne

@li Carboytony Bo Darville Montecristo SteelerOpera More

Members who own La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne

My two scents FrankMasbad cadenz Cologniano speedracer jcastano I LearnToSwim F Lovescully Karesz Robes08 CoL More