Reviews of La Chasse Aux Papillons Extrême

Overall

La Chasse Aux Papillons Extrême by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Add your review of La Chasse Aux Papillons Extrême

Reviews of La Chasse Aux Papillons Extrême by L'Artisan Parfumeur

There are 9 reviews of La Chasse Aux Papillons Extrême by L'Artisan Parfumeur.

In the interest of honesty, I should admit that I think the original Chasse Aux Papillons is one of the world's best perfumes, so I think I tend to judge Extreme a bit too harshly, just because it's a flanker to something that was already pretty much perfect.

With that, what does Extreme smell like? Well, it's got that same wonderful mix of natural-smelling jasmine and orange blossom, but paired with the smell of a freshly sawed plywood board. Given time, the slightly dusty, vaguely chemical-treated wood smell fades to a buttery smudge of sandalwood, which I think actually pairs quite well with the flowers.

To be honest, in the genre of niche woody florals, Extreme is actually pretty good, hence the thumbs up. But it's certainly not going to win me away from the original...

La Chasse aux Papillons Extreme by L'Artisan Parfumeur opens with a face full of warm weeds. After one sniff, I braced myself for an allergy attack that (thankfully) never came. The sun drenched greens are peppery-hot and seem to share space with pencil shavings. Yep. Finally, the weeds calm down and the soapy floral starts taking over, but the weeds never really leave. Does La Chasse aux Papillons Extreme evoke a butterfly hunt in a warm flower-filled field? Yes: The fragrance has an innocent summertime feel and I'm enjoying it during the winter months. Also, longevity could be better, in spite of the fact that Extreme is part of the name. (I have this complaint with several LAP fragrances.)

3.5/5 delightful

Tuberose and cut grass - not freshly cut grass, but grass that's been cut for a few days and is turning to hay, with the sun shining on it. There's a sharpness to it which makes me not like it that much, but I do keep coming back to it so something in me must like it!

Psychedelic butterfly white flower nectar.

Fresh, green and spicy white florals.I haven't tried the original so I do not know if this is "extreme" or not. Simply a beautiful array of pink peppers and white florals.

As a child my friends and I would make perfume; either from rose petals or from butterfly bushes ( aka buddleia). I must admit that L'artisan's is a richer more professional take on the butterfly bush than my own childish offerings, but the fragrance is still pretty much as liear as mine was!! All I got from when I tried L'artisans frag was buddleia bush all the way;. top middle and base- buddleia. I daresay that it is probably just the way it wears on me, the jasmine and pink pepper make it sound a lot more interesting, however, I have no desire to smell like a butterfly bush so don't think I'll be purchasing this any time soon.

Very green and fresh at the opening. The florals here are extremely well blended, and definitely not sweet or heady. Soft and light. For me, the pink pepper is too dominant. If not for that, I'd say LCAP is a keeper. Wears sheer, and reminds me of Keiko Mecheri's Jasmin & also Chantecaille's floral fragrances. Quality!

I agree with Silkandsteel - this is a bright, vibrant spring floral that is unlike any other. I get wafts of hyancinth when I wear this, and the lasting power is superb. Happy and feminine. I much prefer this over the non-extreme version.

Lovely lovely lovely! I'm usually not a fan of fragrances that are soft florals, and just soft florals, but La Chase extreme has enchanted me! Surely, this is the fragrance that all other soft spring florals aspire to be.It begins with a melange of orange flowers, tuberose, and other florals that are too well blended to be picked out individually. Some spices, such as pink pepper, brighten and uplift, giving character and individuality without messing with the softness. After a while, jasmine emerges to mingle with the other flowers and bring sensuality. Lightly sweet, but never too sweet. Definitely wistful. Very playful. Perfect for the sophisticated woman, who shuns sweet characterless florals, to show her youthful and playful exuberance. After all, just because you're a pretty young thing doesn't mean you don't have a wit to contend with! A must try.