Kiste
Slumberhouse (2015)

Overall

About Kiste by Slumberhouse

Reviews of Kiste by Slumberhouse

There are 23 reviews of Kiste by Slumberhouse.

If there could be a dessert that was made of a thin layer of rum-soaked spice cake,topped with baked peaches drizzled in honey,that's what i get from Kiste at the first spray.i was expecting something a little more raunchy and sinful.it is however, absolutely beautiful. seriously.the equivalent of a beautiful sunset for the eyes,your favorite music for your ears or a lover's exciting touch of your skin. warm,round,and licks-delicious sexy.

The initial blast of fragrance has absoloutely no restraint,displaying the epitome of sweetness. lots of honey and peach,but not the kind of sickly fruit peach smell i get in a lot of peach fragrances, where it smells synthetic and overly fruity.here is perfect.then there is a dirty tobacco note sitting on a bed of patchouli.if you are one who is faint of nose you may feel queasy from this potent parfum...which is why i think this fragrance is a challenging one and not a safe blind buy.
Oct 11, 2021

Kiste has been made to smell like peaches and cigarettes, but I don't think it was a successful attempt. Let's take a look at its notes: tobacco, peach, scotch heather, tonka, henna, elderberry, patchouli and honey. It looks yummy. But are tobacco and peaches really impressive in this perfume? With a lot of effort, you can only feel the peach and a little bit of a boozy note in the first 1 minute. So what about the evolution? I know the smell of different types of pipe tobacco well (I grew up in a place where cigarettes and pipes were being smoked every day.) and I can surely say that this perfume doesn't smell like cigarettes or pipes. Unfortunately, people who has known the smell of "tobacco" only by the tobacco perfumes they've already tried say that they've smelled pipe tobacco note in this perfume! It should be noted, a perfume that claims to present the scent of tobacco should clearly smell like tobacco and need no explanation from anyone.

‌So now that it wasn't as we expected by notes, we've to see whether it is a classy (or at least attractive) scent or not? I have to say instead of offering a modern and urban scent, Kiste smells like a village. I think Kiste is made in continuation of Baque. I was expecting something more special; Combining peaches and tobacco is a really good idea, but here it is ruined. It's neither smoky nor gourmand. flavorless
Apr 28, 2021

Kiste is like a cozy winter-afternoon spent inside an american "country" (antique furnishing-type) tea-room impregnated by the aromas of pipe tobacco, honeyed cakes, fruity tea and rum. Peach and yummy tonka are quite dominant. The booziness is light and balanced (never liquorous or too spicy), a ghostly herbal accord lingers around for a while. Patch takes finally the stage in a soft yummy way (never earthy, aggressive or hippie). Yes, this semi-oriental is one of the most affordable and versatile from the Slumberhouse-line, I see it. Not exactly a structured fragrance but more properly the reconstruction of very ancestral atmospheres. A finally smooth "ambiance" aroma rich of deep american odours of rare "cloudy" ages from our arcane childhood.
Nov 27, 2019

I seldom find perfumes nauseating, but this one comes very close. It is the artificial plastic sweetness that turns Kiste into a cherry cough syrup-Yankee Candle sort of mess that my six-year old niece might find interesting. Thick, heavy, and way too sticky sweet...urghhh. Like Pear & Olive, there is something almost oleaginous about this that makes me flinch and then head for the shower.

I am sad about this because I still have yet to find a Slumberhouse that I can love (or even like). Norne is pretty gorgeous, but I simply don't want to smell like a pine tree forest very often. New Sibet was somewhat interesting and Sixes & Sevens came even closer to something I might want to wear, but even that one felt a bit heavy-handed in its treatment of cumin. I would love to see Josh get a bit more abstract in his vision and a bit less literal in his execution.
Nov 1, 2018

70's head-shop smells. Boozy, jammy peach. Dad's pipe tobacco on a Saturday night. The neighbor's haymow odors, from a childhood memory. A roasted nut, buttery pie crust accord. Warm. Down to earth.

I swear I smell sweet basil or some other kitchen herb here. This "thing" elicits curse words aloud, it's so damn good.

Patchouli, way underneath, as time moves along. Wish I'd discovered this years ago...
Oct 27, 2018

As I write this, a bowl of peaches–probably the last of the summer–sits behind me, ripening on the kitchen counter. That earthy, sweet, rich fragrance is all here in Kiste–not one element of the listed notes is neglected or out of place. This is a sticky sweet peach and tobacco scent, thick and heavy but a little dark and deep, especially as it ages on the skin. As others have mentioned, it seems perfect for the waning days of summer and into fall, with its burning, shimmering amber hue. It's a little melancholic, but still sensuous.

There's a moment of unpleasant booziness in the very beginning, but it does fade after a bit, for which I'm thankful. I usually spray my chest, and as such the scent clings to my shirt (I'd never risk spraying any Slumberhouse directly on clothing... seems like you're asking for a stain). On skin, this develops into a soft patchouli, but where it lingers on fabric it retains its peach brightness for much longer.

I had been trying to decide between Baque and Kiste and in the end I decided to buy both... Not my most frugal decision, but not one I regret, either. To spend just a moment to discuss their differences, since their descriptions share a lot in common (tobacco, stone fruit). Baque is even more tobacco-forward, and a lot richer–the vanilla replaces the honey and really amps up its cedarwood backbone. Its fruity but not as intensely so as Kiste–apricot being a bit more subdued than peach anyway. Texturally, its fitting, though, as the salty-dry drydown of Baque's ambergris makes it a more savory affair. In full disclosure, I prefer Baque, but they're both amazing and beautiful compositions, and very different from one another. My bottle of Kiste will not go neglected. (8.5/10)
Sep 9, 2018

Show more reviews of Kiste...

Add your review of Kiste