Jour d'Hermès

Hermès

Jour d'Hermès is a women's perfume launched in 2012 by Hermès

Where to buy Jour d'Hermès

Reviews of Jour d'Hermès by Hermès

There are 21 reviews of Jour d'Hermès by Hermès.

Tart citrus. Slightly aquatic, like rainwater. Strong green notes, as of stems or stalks. Sour florals. This is just too bitter, for my tastes.

The rankness calms down a bit later. It doesn't really do much else to offend me but, I can't state that I could ever like this scent. I get some burnt wood later - that's it.

This is a rare dislike for a Hermès fragrance for me. I was in store and had one hand left to test on, so I just grabbed this to try. It is not good on my skin. At. All. Ignore the confusing 1 note pyramid; this is a citrus scent. An unpleasantly dry, arid citrus scent. No idea what kind of citrus it is exactly, maybe a severely dehydrated grapefruit? The poor thing is completely parched and devoid of any pleasure whatsoever. Something I imagine a humourless medieval monk would wear.

*edit: dessicated, that's the word I was looking for!

Quiet juicy floral.

Jour d'Hermes is a perfect example of why one shouldn't judge a perfume by descriptive notes before sampling. Had I read 'floral notes' prior to trying this, I would have completely waved it off and not even bothered to try it. By trying it blind I was swooned and courted with a myriad of notes I couldn't quite put my finger on and ended up falling in love with. I keep catching hints of other perfumes (Dahlia Divin le Nectar springs to mind for the creamy musky notes) as it dries down. This one is a shape shifter of sorts and I enjoyed the ride from first spray to end of day.

Floral notes? Jour d'hermes is all about citrus fruit, mostly grapefruit. I get some well-appreciated rhubarb as well. Very nice, fresh though potent, luminous, summery. But nothing exceptional, except it's well done.

Floral frequencies
Being luminous in the
Visible region.

Springtime by Claude Monet 1872

Show more reviews of Jour d'Hermès...

Add your review of Jour d'Hermès