Joop! Femme
Joop! (1987)

Overall

About Joop! Femme by Joop!

Joop!
Peter Schmidt

Where to buy Joop! Femme

Reviews of Joop! Femme by Joop!

There are 21 reviews of Joop! Femme by Joop!.

If Joop Femme were a woman,she would be a Édith Piaf,or a Judy Garland,a woman not beautiful but vibrant and exciting and endearing. child-like and vulnerable yet capable of wildchild abandoned sex and stormy relationship with rugged and unreliable lovers.this is another gem of the past.strong as a red wine perfume. this is warm,cozy,feminine - but not sugar.

This fragrance is good from the start (this goes on attractive from the very first second it is sprayed,there is no downtime allowing your chemistry to absorb an overly chemical,aldehyde, or ozinic type composition).a few hours into this perfume moves into something animalistic and woody with soft irresistible sandalwood that is smooth and ultra feminine and sexy. there's also an ambery undertone to it that gives it a little warmth.this may be a great bedtime fragrance to wear - because it is so sexy to wake up to.this one definitely has a secret power to it.
Oct 16, 2021

Like many here, back to a bright chypre I wore as a younger woman. I think it's actually better on me now; as if I've grown into the scent. Now better able to appreciate the depths of the scent, power of the florals -- and to realize it's not necessary to spend $150-$400 for a bottle of elegant, well-made perfume.
Unlike some other reviewers, this is not a workplace scent in most US offices, where many scents I love can no longer go without complaints (only quiet no/low sillage allowed). So,it will be a go-to for evenings and weekends. Glad to have a bottle again.
Nov 21, 2020

I wanted to first say I consider this a lighter scent in my collection. But lighter is not the best way to describe it, b/c it comes off strong and memorable. . I think maybe sweeter. It's an oriental woody but that doesn't describe it well to me. I know why I gravitate to it is the musk, civet, oakmoss, patchouli, amber, sandalwood, tonka bean....do I need to say more. It has all the qualities of a chypre which is my kind of scent. I think the best way to describe this is it's a cooler chypre. but there is still something a slight bit off. Something that is struggling with the sweetness...maybe the aldehydes. I don't know. I enjoy it at times but I don't wear it often.
Jul 22, 2020

This is quite a strong scent I still smell an hour after spraying it on. In that first hour, the notes haven't changed much: somewhat like a vanilla tiger balm.

I don't really smell flowers at all. More a very sensual, spicy wood. I could imagine this also being described as having a lightly smoked (could be the musk), 'clean' soap' scent.

I think this is a heavy woman's fragrence, fit for strong women who know what they want.
Nov 15, 2016

I remember buying this perfume the day it was launched and I fell in love with it. It was my signature scent for 3 years. It's a bold perfume but clean and simple, unlike the fragrances of today that are quite complex to a degree where some can be quite annoying. I never had any complaints from anyone when I wore this. I may buy a bottle one day just to reminisce.
Oct 10, 2014

My first passionThe name comes from the German designer and founder: Wolfgang Joop. I wore it every day for years and will now try to analyze it. My first impression is that it is such a good blend of various notes that nothing shouts. Together they conspire to create an impression of warmth. I detect Jasmine (my favorite), but there's something greener that rides above it and something woody that provides a base and mellows it. Joop is sensual, but it is not the boudoir. It's a candlelit dinner. Well, no. Even that's too intimate. It doesn't invite. It announces. "I'm a woman. Don't you wish you knew me."Pros: Sensual but lightCons: none"
Sep 27, 2013

Show more reviews of Joop! Femme...

Add your review of Joop! Femme