Jontue

Revlon
Francis Camail

Where to buy Jontue

Reviews of Jontue by Revlon

There are 10 reviews of Jontue by Revlon.

Found this old bottle (still in the box should have been a hint) when cleaning out a cupboard, thought I'd give it a try. Never wore it as a young woman, maybe my daughter left it here? Doesnt' seem her style, so no idea. I gave it a go, and after two hours I now I remember why I never wore it.
Opening is nice citrus and floral then "it" starts. I don't know exactly what the scent "it" is, perhaps the musk or patchouli -- both of which I have an ongoing love/hate relationships with depending on their strength an strength. I'll let this wear run out, and put it in my donate to women's shelter box, someone will probably love it.
Nov 30, 2020

Here it is! The scent that started my disgust of Tuberose. Actually I think that it is Tuberose paired with the Orange Blossom, (Yes there is Blossom tucked in there) that turns my stomach and has my lungs seize up. There's no saving grace in this. The Oxygen of Jasmine and gentleness of Gardenia have no space to expand.
I suppose that a large part of my abhorrence to this was shaped by the great gobs, that teenage girls
painted on their selves. In High School.
Scrubber.
I was always interested in the Girls that had better taste, with their dabs of Charlie and Tabu.
Thumbs up only because of the Nose Style Ja.
May 1, 2018

I went through gallons of this when I was young. I currently have a vintage bottle, I found at a "junk-thrift" store. It held up to age very well; the top and base notes are still intact. At the top I smell gardenia, bergamot, chamomile, and rose. I get subtle ylang ylang in the middle. Hours later benzoin, oakmoss, and patchouli for the base.

I have not tried / purchased any newer bottles of this to know how this may have changed. The last bottle I possessed was back in the late 80's. I doubt I would even seek out a version today. I am quite satisfied with my old bottle.

Overall, my bottle of Jontue is a very aromatic floral.
Feb 13, 2018

If you are like me, and have a difficult time with florals, you just may want to give this oldie-but-goody a try. I was very happily surprised.

A mossy base and light musk mix with friendly white flowers to make this a distinctive (and affordable) choice for daytime wear. An unexpected treat that lasts all day.

To be honest, though, I didn't wear the vintage, so this humble reformulation has nothing to live up to in my mind. I understand how heart-breaking it is to return to a fragrance that has the same name as something you wore and loved, but not the same scent. (My own heart-ache is Halston).

Edited to add: the more I wear this, the more inclined I am to think of this as a well-grounded ode to chamomile. I just love it!

Aug 16, 2016

I have a real soft spot for this scent because many girls in my youth wore it and it perfectly embodies the sweet, feminine teenager of that time. The romantic, girly girls wore this--the sporty ones all wore Charlie--and channelled a Stevie Nicks sort of vibe. Lots of white flowers, from orange blossom and gardenia to a light rose sit atop a light musk base. A decade later, these same girls would have been wearing Anais Anais with the same effect. Decades before, they would have been wearing White Shoulders. This is what a teenage boys smells when he summons up the courage to kiss a girl for the first time (the Charlie wearers might have initiated the kissing, but not the Jontue girls!). If schoolboys' dreams were ever haunted by a scent, Jontue would be it.
Mar 9, 2016

A colourful floralA fresh, bright start including bergamot and gardenia with a bright and light rose component. Later a darker rose is added with mimosas and a green touch. The end phase is characterized by lots of benzoin, together with soft patchouli and white musk. Overall a fresh floral composition with a nice green touch. Sunshine on the flower fields.
Aug 28, 2013

Show more reviews of Jontue...

Add your review of Jontue