Jasmin et Cigarette
Etat Libre d'Orange (2006)

Overall

About Jasmin et Cigarette by Etat Libre d'Orange

Etat Libre d'Orange

Where to buy Jasmin et Cigarette

Reviews of Jasmin et Cigarette by Etat Libre d'Orange

There are 72 reviews of Jasmin et Cigarette by Etat Libre d'Orange.

Ok so I can’t say that I love this fragrance but I can’t give it a complete thumbs down either. First impression is yes ash tray as another mentioned. It’s woody and a bit green to me. But It does have the scent of Paris and for that I could picture myself wearing this only to be imagining I was at a Parisian cafe sipping a cafe au lait sigh
Oct 17, 2021

Beautifully crafted apricot tobacco and Jasmine scent. ELdO rarely disappoints.
Jul 12, 2021

Dirty ashtray. I'll keep a sample of this on hand to remind myself of what I smelled like back in the 1980's when I smoked.
Apr 18, 2021

I purchased this as a sample. First time the scent was so cigarette. Waited a couple of weeks....maybe my body chemistry had changed. Nope, I smelled like a cigarette ash tray in a bar. I'm a never smoker so maybe that's why the scent doesn't sit well with me. I want something unique but this isn't it.
Apr 17, 2021

If you want to smell a classic Jasmin based fragrance search out some vintage Joy. Jasmin and Cigarettes ain't no Joy, it isn't even very cheerful. I cannot smell any Jasmin absolute, just lots of poor quality Benzyl Acetate.

This fragrance is built around a synthetic Jasmin base (I'm guessing), with some added extras to try to shoe horn in the "cigarette" vibe. All I get is burnt paper, and cold wood ash.

I cannot smell any tobacco, nor much that is fruity, although I thought I caught a faint whiff of something sickly sweet.

I do wish that ELDO spent a lot less time in trying to be provocative, a lot less time on marketing puffery, and spent more time on improving the quality of their fragrances.
Apr 9, 2021

Oh my, this really smells like an ashtray full of cigarette ash! Very, very interesting scent. At first I'm not getting any jasmine, but later some slightly green floralcy comes through, and the contrast it makes is interesting.

The more time passes, the milder the tobacco ashes become and the bigger the jasmine grows - or should I say hedione? The way it gives the scent all this transparent lightness and tickles my nose and makes me want to sneeze and overwhelms me in the end suggests me that there is a ton of hedione in this perfume. (I'm not a perfumer so take my words with two buckets of salt.) It's not a great thing for me as I do seem to react to bigger doses of it, but it's probably a good thing for others as hedione seems to be very widely liked greenish jasmine-smelling aromatic molecule which is actually often described as having aphrodisiac qualities - I cannot confirm this though unless you find a sneezing woman sexy!

That floral ashtray scent actually somehow soothes me a bit, but for me Jasmin et cigarette seems more like a mood fragrance or an artful joke (in the best sense of the word) than something truly wearable - but I'm still glad it exists and that I tried it. A-choo.

Feb 3, 2021

Show more reviews of Jasmin et Cigarette...

Add your review of Jasmin et Cigarette